Sharjah Driving License Automatic vs Manual

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
uaerealdeal
UB Junior Member

Post by uaerealdeal » 31 Jan 2011, 1:39 pm

Hey Friends...

I am a test taken in sharjah who have been giving tests in manual for more than 5 times in final but getting failed without reason...

so finally have decided to convert my file from manual to automatic...

would appreciate any feedback from other people hopefully positive and to know their test taking experience in automatic in sharjah.

also I hope it will be quicker to pass test in automatic than in manual.

please do let me know if I am making the right move...

Purpose of changing from manual to automatic is to get license faster...

Awaiting your kind replies...

signing off..

Throughly Frustrated Driving Test Taker in Sharjah.... :$

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 31 Jan 2011, 2:10 pm

patience dude...it will pay off...who knows maybe the next test is urs !!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 31 Jan 2011, 5:35 pm

dont switch.. its the same thing, your jus seeing auto as the greener side of the lawn... when u go there it'll be the same!! and after all this efort... you will end up with just a auto license! not worth it!! :grin: i guess ur in a pvt driving school in shj?? keep makin arguements wit the main office after each test.. im sure by 7th or 8th they will pass you!... they just have a quota u see :grin:

Usually.. if you can drive, most manage to pass before the 10th try.... i kno u must be thinkin the examiners dont care which test you are on, etc etc... and jus fail you regardless... but its not tru..
they do know! they know xactly who has given how many tests... and will try to be reasonable and maybe try to pass the person wit the more tests done..
but will fail the person whose in his 1st test without reason.. even if hes perfect! lol... nyway gluck! (Y)

uaerealdeal
UB Junior Member

Post by uaerealdeal » 31 Jan 2011, 7:10 pm

Tribal wrote:dont switch.. its the same thing, your jus seeing auto as the greener side of the lawn... when u go there it'll be the same!! and after all this efort... you will end up with just a auto license! not worth it!! :grin: i guess ur in a pvt driving school in shj?? keep makin arguements wit the main office after each test.. im sure by 7th or 8th they will pass you!... they just have a quota u see :grin:

Usually.. if you can drive, most manage to pass before the 10th try.... i kno u must be thinkin the examiners dont care which test you are on, etc etc... and jus fail you regardless... but its not tru..
they do know! they know xactly who has given how many tests... and will try to be reasonable and maybe try to pass the person wit the more tests done..
but will fail the person whose in his 1st test without reason.. even if hes perfect! lol... nyway gluck! (Y)
Hey thanks for replying...

I got my file converted to automatic and am giving my next test on automatic...

I am just relying plainly on sheer probability... since there are very few categories of people who can give on automatic so there are more chances of us passing... also can get urgent dates...

One more variable is that I am potentially narrowing down on mistakes that could be made in Manual... that is downshifting and other gear related shifting...

Since most of the cars in UAE are Automatic so most probably would be driving one too... just need to get my hands on a license...

yes and one more thing you are right about the number of test things that is what what I do is stick all the test papers on the green paper so that atleast those guys will see the same and know that I having been giving a lot of test and hopefully they will feel pity on me and say... no no we have extracted more than enough cash from this poor guy and lets pass him...

Looking forward to hearing your responses...

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 31 Jan 2011, 7:50 pm

get the auto license

who cares if u have auto and drive a manual car lol
if if if thats one in a million if ur bad luck is real bad u get caught what will happen only 200 dhs fine

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 31 Jan 2011, 8:22 pm

True!! Hardly take u a day to get used to a manual car again :p plus uv learned already in manual ..so all good man..loads a luck!!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 31 Jan 2011, 8:50 pm

ohh noprobs you switched... true from the above coments^, no big deal in drivin a manual after gettin the auto license... even if u get stopped... i bet 99.9% it wont be for auto/manual issue :grin:

even while buying a manual car its not much of a issue.. good luck on ur nxt test (Y)

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 01 Feb 2011, 8:44 am

When I applied with Galadari for my license a couple of years ago, the typing center muppets and some friends called me a girl for going for an auto license, they can shove it now, LOL. I passed on my first attempt, and the examiner asked if I had driven a car before, in disbelief, LOL.

Also, I've driven manual in a driving school in Pakistan twice, and if you can do that, you can drive virtually anywhere. :D

uaerealdeal
UB Junior Member

Post by uaerealdeal » 01 Feb 2011, 11:06 am

Ozimandius wrote:When I applied with Galadari for my license a couple of years ago, the typing center muppets and some friends called me a girl for going for an auto license, they can shove it now, LOL. I passed on my first attempt, and the examiner asked if I had driven a car before, in disbelief, LOL.

Also, I've driven manual in a driving school in Pakistan twice, and if you can do that, you can drive virtually anywhere. :D
Hey thats really cool man... just for sake of vanity that Oh I have a manual license it is worthless to waste time...

And yeah I have been driving since more than 5 years manual in India... so same like you it does not matter what kind of car I am driving but it is important to get a license in UAE otherwise you are very much like a disabled person since till now public transport system sucks and more so it becomes a really expensive affair to purely rely on public transport...

So taking the risk of offending Red Bull People here goes:

"UAE License gives you wings...." :)

I just hope I get my license in the automatic test at the earliest now that I have switched...

By the way I have heard thast Dubai License is easier to get than Sharjah...

I am sure Sharjah Police can have Micheal Schumacher sitting beside them in a test and mark him failed for the same reason's they fail us "Concentration during driving" and best "Not Looking over Shoulder" hehehehhe :) so we all should take console in that fact atleast.... :)

Signing off..

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 01 Feb 2011, 11:43 am

Getting a Dubai license is WAY easier than getting one in Sharjah.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 01 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

If god forbid u had an accident; as long as the insurance company doesnt know that you are an owner of a manual car and have an auto license then its like nothing happened & it is very unlikely at all. This is a kind of loophole as insurance wants to save money in any way they can..
Some dealers allow financing a manual car on an auto license but the story is as mentioned above and you get the blame and pay on your own to fix the car. Another thing to consider aswell..

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 02 Feb 2011, 4:49 am

Tribal wrote:but will fail the person whose in his 1st test without reason.. even if hes perfect!
not really, I got my driving license from Sharjah (PVT school) and manual from the first time, actually I was surprised myself because everybody told me that I can't pass from the first time! I was 19 when I got it and I did not have any driving license before.
I guess you just have to drive really good and IF you make minor mistakes do NOT argue with the officer! and ya there is one thing that I think it really helped me, you have to look neat (do not go there wearing shorts or with weird looking hair) and don't be scared, or at least do not show it! :grin:

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 02 Feb 2011, 8:12 am

Don't look scared? In my driving test, I was with 3 other guys, 2 of them flunked on the spot (examiner said take left, he took right), and 2 of us passed. And I got into the car KNOWING I would fail. I was so confident of failing, but also of my driving...and I passed. So yeah, just relax. It's not the end of the world if you flunk the first, second, or third time. Shit happens.

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 02 Feb 2011, 8:51 am

Proud so say i have a Manual License after taking 3 tries LOL..

all my tries with no fault at all... they put engine stall but i didnt stall.. on the 2nd they put blah blah blah..

i guess you need some luck and a good sleep of an examiner... LOL

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 02 Feb 2011, 1:56 pm

:p just look clean dude...ppl pass the 1st time too and some ppl take 11 tries...I believe the smoother u drie the better...don't turn too fast...don't brake too hard...just smooth...I gave my test on manual and the officer said u drove as smooth as an auto :D