RIP Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (1992-2011)

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 18 Mar 2011, 9:46 pm

If u know what a big plants run on u would see it very clean. 25MW plant makes shit loads of power with just 6 CNG gensets and poluttion is zero tonone. These single power plant can power an entire city. There is no use of moaning. If they do it the EV way then be it. we will still get same power car just with the buzz. :smile:

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 18 Mar 2011, 9:52 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: F*ck EVs

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 19 Mar 2011, 2:05 am

Hmm... Good point grayt.

What I don't understand is, electricity ain't like water eh? So power plants produce one fixed amount depending on what RPM the generators are set to. When people say "conserve" what happens to the excess power? Does it automatically lower RPM's and hence production or is it just wastage?

Its a different story that the end user pays for each watt used, innit?!!

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 19 Mar 2011, 2:40 am

RasHooD wrote:^Its not about math all the time... Look for videos like these:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rsion&aq=8

Also, when electricity is usually produced with natural fuels, coal, etc... how does it actually differ if the government is burning it to provide converted energy as electrical to the people or if the people's cars do it themselves like internal combustion?
My point exactly.
grayfox666 wrote:If u know what a big plants run on u would see it very clean. 25MW plant makes shit loads of power with just 6 CNG gensets and poluttion is zero tonone. These single power plant can power an entire city. There is no use of moaning. If they do it the EV way then be it. we will still get same power car just with the buzz. :smile:
I was referring to the coal-powered plants which quite a few countries use because its abundant in their region.EVs can give us the same performance some have built better performing machines too but it cannot replace the feel of internal combustion motors.It will be a whole new ball park for tuners,for instance the Tesla Roadster,its an EV supercar faster than your average Gallardos and SLRs and has a Brabus upgrade too which gives it a straight 10000 Kw increase by adding underbody neons and a sound module emulating the sounds of a racecar or a V8.If this is all the maestros at Brabus could come up with then thats pretty much the most you can 'tune' the EVs.
Fake engine note?Can't get gheyer than this!

Fahrer
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:AE86 Trueno

Post by Fahrer » 19 Mar 2011, 10:31 am

Guys, also don't kid yourself and remember that it's not the car manufacturers that dictate where this is going. The energy corporations have trillions invested into oil, and you can bet they'll be protecting their investment for a long time coming, our whole lives in fact.

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 19 Mar 2011, 10:37 am

Fahrer wrote:Guys, also don't kid yourself and remember that it's not the car manufacturers that dictate where this is going. The energy corporations have trillions invested into oil, and you can bet they'll be protecting their investment for a long time coming, our whole lives in fact.
+100

THIS

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 20 Mar 2011, 12:06 pm

Well come to think about it in this context... For years and people have been investing f**k loads of cash to develop EV technology (GAY)... Now they will do what they have in power to retrieve all the money they spent on developing this technology as in finding a way to sell it for the masses..

Now the oil lords as well will do what it takes to protect their businesses so i assume they arent losing anything from it..

Remember a decade ago when GM ditched and killed their EV project which also went shortly into production.. It was the perfect compact car that it didnt need any maintenance at all other than brake pads and batteries.. Hence bad for business and makes me doubt that this new generation of EV cars is the same story..

Makes you feel how small you are while all the big elites play the world..

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 20 Mar 2011, 9:29 pm

Sad for the real evo guys but

good for wanna be's if they still continue making lancers :mrgreen:

kruel_dude
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Post by kruel_dude » 20 Mar 2011, 10:22 pm

Mr_boost wrote:good for wanna be's if they still continue making lancers :mrgreen:

@ Mr_boost
i hav been reading ur posts frm quite a long tym and respect ur point of views in everything but i wud disagree wid u in 1 thing which criticising lancer owners specially ... i thought ub was all about posting ur cars and exchanging idea and suggestions ... but criticising other ppl over their car is not a gud idea ... I AM REALLY SORRY FOR GOIN OFF-TOPIC ... i think here we shud appreciate oder pplz work on modification .... n modifying ur lancer gt n make it luk like a EVO is not a crime i guess n i know tat 2 a age of 20 i cant really afford a evo but atleast i can do sumthin wid my current car ryt ... plz dun take dis in a wrong way .... i totally respect u as a senior member and correct me if i m wrong cuz if u mock me in a funny way tat i m a lancer wannabe, i might laugh and join wid u, but again criticising is a gud idea .... i m sorry if i said sumthin wat i wasnt suppose to say ... cheers

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 21 Mar 2011, 12:53 am

kruel_dude wrote:
Mr_boost wrote:good for wanna be's if they still continue making lancers :mrgreen:

@ Mr_boost
i hav been reading ur posts frm quite a long tym and respect ur point of views in everything but i wud disagree wid u in 1 thing which criticising lancer owners specially ... i thought ub was all about posting ur cars and exchanging idea and suggestions ... but criticising other ppl over their car is not a gud idea ... I AM REALLY SORRY FOR GOIN OFF-TOPIC ... i think here we shud appreciate oder pplz work on modification .... n modifying ur lancer gt n make it luk like a EVO is not a crime i guess n i know tat 2 a age of 20 i cant really afford a evo but atleast i can do sumthin wid my current car ryt ... plz dun take dis in a wrong way .... i totally respect u as a senior member and correct me if i m wrong cuz if u mock me in a funny way tat i m a lancer wannabe, i might laugh and join wid u, but again criticising is a gud idea .... i m sorry if i said sumthin wat i wasnt suppose to say ... cheers

well i am with Boost ...

there is something called originality .. and the lancer owners just wanna be like evo ...
we hang out around shj always the wanna be's show off n think like they drive evo or something n try to race with us and what they get is to see only the taillights of our cars ;)
sorry to say but originality is some thing and trying pose as something completely different

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 21 Mar 2011, 1:22 am

@ Kruel_Dude

u dint understood what i meant, i said
Mr_boost wrote: good for wanna be's
Yes we do appritiate pplz hard work when they shows us or we see something unique or different. Seeing a powerful car like EVO on roads refreshes your eyes. You should modify your car ( lancer ) but copying a car which is already been maded is not so called hardwork, its a copy/paste button.Modify your car in your own way.

They thinks that they are making peoples fool by showing them an EVO which is not in real. Then they are worng

SORRY if i hurt you !!

kruel_dude
UB Addicted Member

Post by kruel_dude » 21 Mar 2011, 2:45 am

i totally got ur point bro ... apologies fr me takin u wrong ... i m surely against wannabe's as well .... thnx fr ur response .... cheers ... will surely try to show a unique modified lancer GT not an EVO wannabe :grin:

leroythtsme
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2010 2.5s

Post by leroythtsme » 21 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

+100 To Mr Boost

do it in ur own way

kruel_dude
UB Addicted Member

Post by kruel_dude » 21 Mar 2011, 5:16 pm

i totally agree wid u guys, doing it ur way, i m also against wannabes as well, i myself hate dose ppl who compare their GT with EVo, i personally dun do tat, cuz i own a Modified LANCER GT not an evo n i want to modify my LANCER into a gud lukin and unique car not an EVO...cuz no matter wat I do to my lancer it will neva beat EVO so no point in competing with EVOs, but i can surely hav a unique lancer ryt? ;)

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 21 Mar 2011, 5:25 pm

Rashood, once the power consumption goes down the engines/turbine rpm is going down as it all runs on automation and doesnt require any interference from human until a break down. Most is a straight flow power.

And regarding coal powerplant, then that is almost history cuz power generation is shit. They might have still some in undeveloped countries. Now me being in Bangladesh and having visited shit loads of power plants, i havent seen one that runs on diesel even. Everything is CNG and a single power plant produces 890MW. Thats alot of charged Priuses. :smile: