Abu Dhabi gets tough with modified vehicles

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
alexEF
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:1991 Honda Civic Hatchback

Post by alexEF » 10 Apr 2012, 8:39 am

lemme guess... you got too much body stickers my friend? :grin:

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 10 Apr 2012, 9:00 am

So are all the confiscated cars getting auctioned off? if so where?

comatose
UB Addicted Member

Post by comatose » 10 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

So if you just have an intake and no exhaust they will impound your car?

These guys need to be balanced with their rules. Fine excessive mods and fine/impound the car. What about people using cell phones and driving or rash driving - you dont see cops chasing them!

I have no issue going back to stock mode but these cops need to quit with the bias policies.

And no I don't think the rules were made over karak chai... more like someone prob had a dream where their Hamann AMG Starbucks G55 with 25,000 bulbs in front bumper got beat by a modified car so they woke up and said IMPOUND them all.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 10 Apr 2012, 1:26 pm

A loud exhaust is 'more' fatal than speaking on the phone while driving, tailgating, cutting others in the fast lane, over speeding and jumping the red light. Don't you guys understand this? Jeez.

comatose
UB Addicted Member

Post by comatose » 10 Apr 2012, 1:44 pm

I can see how a loud exhaust is more fatal.

For e.g. you eat something and get food poisoning and realise this while driving. You start driving fast to get home cuz your loud exhaust keeps rumbling and getting your stomach on the edge.. so you start tailgating, cutting people off, speeding and jump red lights so you can get home and take a .... :P

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 10 Apr 2012, 2:28 pm

comatose wrote: And no I don't think the rules were made over karak chai... more like someone prob had a dream where their Hamann AMG Starbucks G55 with 25,000 bulbs in front bumper got beat by a modified car so they woke up and said IMPOUND them all.
:razz:
+1000

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 10 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

LMAO!

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 10 Apr 2012, 3:04 pm

Man you guys have to see some of the crap that makes it to Australian news segments. Pretty much agrees with this thread without the sarcasm......

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 10 Apr 2012, 5:08 pm

UAE NEWBIE wrote:I have been told why these laws got put in place I will not post detail on a public forum. In saying that I have heard 2 different versions of the story. There is a chance it will blow over.
I've heard two stories too, coincidentally. Sounds too silly and petty to be true, TBH.

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 11 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

alexEF wrote:lemme guess... you got too much body stickers my friend? :grin:
No stupid TRD, Eibach or anything my friend :arrow:
btw, I'm sorry but I feel that what you said offends me, I don't know if you mean it or not, either way don't do again please. I don't take this kind of sarcasm very well.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 11 Apr 2012, 4:04 pm

Mr.HacKeR wrote:I was stopped by a police officer today while i was going to Uni.
He made me rev the engine all the way to the red line! :arrow:
Luckily i didn't get my intake yet..
What car were you driving and what were you stopped over for?

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 11 Apr 2012, 7:17 pm

Sam wrote:
Mr.HacKeR wrote:I was stopped by a police officer today while i was going to Uni.
He made me rev the engine all the way to the red line! :arrow:
Luckily i didn't get my intake yet..
What car were you driving and what were you stopped over for?
i am interested as well

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 11 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

Altima coupe with front lip spoiler, wide tires, and the car lowered. I guess the CF spoiler, eyelids and blue interior also made the car attractive.. I was stopped right in front of University city entrance, the humps there are crazy, so I was going slow and he was crossing the road..
I actually have an air filter (ITG), it changes the sound a little while idle. Thank God he didn't notice though! I am removing it today :mrgreen:

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 11 Apr 2012, 10:13 pm

are you serious? your worried your car will be impounded if you have an air filter? do you just have a drop in air filter (which replaces the stock one) or do you have a cold air intake?
either way those hardly add any extra sound.

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 11 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm

No not a drop in, there is a puffing sound when you press the gas pedal suddenly. When the officer stopped me i tried to press the gas as smoothly as i possibly can. I guess it worked :grin:
But i noticed that the car became slower in acceleration for some reason.. :roll:
Anyway, its gone now. I just had it for about 2 months.
I was waiting to get an injen intake (originally for the VQ35), but i guess im not going to get it anymore :mrgreen: