Board Rules (Read First!)

New member? We appreciate a bit of introduction about yourself.
Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 10 Dec 2006, 10:09 am

Board Rules

Things have been getting out of control lately...

(All registered members of this forum agree to abide by these rules.)

Post in the correct section. That’s what they are there for. We’re not going to sit there all day tidying up your posts being in the wrong section. Expect them to simply be deleted.
You may not advertise another forum/website without permission from the Administrators/Moderators.

Language
Anyone using TXT Talk (short forms) will be issued a warning. 3 and you’re out. Simple! Improper use of language will not be tolerated. You will use proper English and/or Arabic with it's correct elegance.

One Username Only
A member should only be using 1 username, instead of making multiple accounts. If you have more than one account could you please contact the Moderators or Admin to have this deleted (Please put your old username in your signature so other members still know who you are).

Updating Profiles
All members should update their profiles immediately after registration. We will not be responsible if you are mistaken as a spammer or a forum bot and are permanently banned from the forums.

No Racial and Prejudice Comments
They will be deleted and an instant ban/suspension given out to the offending member.

No Abusive/Threatening Comments
Will be edited/deleted and warnings issued. Abusive/threatening PM's/emails will not be tolerated and members doing so will be issued with suspensions/ban accordingly.

New Users:- Learn to Search
Use the SEARCH function. Its there for a reason. Chances are your question has been asked and answered many times before.

Keep Threads on Topic
Keep on topic. Getting off-topic, spamming etc, will not be tolerated and you will be subject to a full ban without any warning or notice issued.

The 3 STRIKE Rule:
1st Offence: A strike will be given via PM and/or Email
2nd Offence: A 3 Day ban on your username
3rd Offence: A 7 day ban on your username
4th Offence: A full Ban

Classifieds Rules

Topic Subject
The Subject of your ad should clearly state the Year, Make and Model of the vehicle.
For eg. 2003 Ford Mustang and such. Ads not meeting this criteria will be subject to being instantly locked and/or deleted without any warning or notice issued.

Pictures/Videos
All offers should include at least ONE picture of the vehicle to avoid misconceptions and misunderstanding for viewers. In case pictures/videos are not available, it should be stated so by the author of topic. All pictures/videos will be posted at your own risk.

Contact Numbers
Contact numbers are not allowed to be included in your ads. Interested parties may private-message the author to discuss contact details. All contact numbers, if posted, will be at your own risk. The board will not be responsible in case of any damage or misuse of contact information.

Provoking Comments
Only serious buyers may choose to comment on offers interested. Provoking and abusive comments regarding price, condition and other features of the car are not accepted and will be subject to immediate action against the poster.

These rules apply to every member of this forum. Anything that disturbs the environment of the forum will not be tolerated. Please use your common sense when posting here. If you think something you may post might violate this rule set, then refrain from making the post if you wish to continue to post here.

The UAE Boost forum holds no responsibility to any Buying and Selling that goes on the forum. All sales done are private from the board and are done so at your own risk; the Moderators and Admins will not be involved with any problems that arise.

Please note:
The Administrators and Moderators are able to change, modify or add new rules without notice.

Contacts:
Moderators: Moderators Team
Site Admin: admin@uaeboost.net

Sameer Ar.
UAE Boost Founder
Last edited by Alpha on 15 Mar 2007, 10:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 10 Dec 2006, 12:27 pm

Good rules Sameer, thanks (Y)

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 07 Jan 2007, 1:21 pm

Dear Sam,
I would like to add something, if this is inappropriate go ahead and delete it.

Dear Members,
This is an automotive Enthusiast Community, as we are all passionate about cars and related items, poeple tend to have difference in opinion and ideas.
Sometimes these can lead to argument or disapproval, in these circumstances have patience and try to discuss and negotiate instead of abusing and hurting eachother.

Maintain peace and have patience, without those features you can never be a good driver or a true enthusiast in the first place.

Have fun dear friends...

Peace.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Jan 2007, 7:37 pm

Neo wrote:Sometimes these can lead to argument or disapproval, in these circumstances have patience and try to discuss and negotiate instead of abusing and hurting eachother.[/b]
I dont know if that's really a forum rule. People express their views here, and others.

I guess that:

No Abusive/Threatening Comments
Will be edited/deleted and warnings issued. Abusive/threatening PM's/emails will not be tolerated and members doing so will be issued with suspensions/ban accordingly.

kinda covers the consequences of clashes.

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 08 Jan 2007, 11:25 pm

These arent rulez mikee..

I was jst putting in a request/recommendation....

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 18 Jun 2007, 8:41 pm

Sam wrote:Board Rules

Post in the correct section. That’s what they are there for.

You may not advertise another forum without permission from the Administrators/Moderators.]
^ now what i want to ask is that.... in the section "off-topic section".... can we post topics in order to correct each other? for eg:- respected MIKEH has got this wirtten in his signature "<-- attitude problem, apparently." - while his avatar has now been shifted to the right side ! is that a proper topic to be posted ??? hope you understand my point ! and regarding advertising another forums, can't we post another forum's topic to help someone overcome his/her problems easily ??
Sam wrote:[
Language
Anyone using TXT Talk (short forms) will be issued a warning. 3 and you’re out. Simple! Improper use of language will not be tolerated. You will use proper English and/or Arabic with it's correct elegance.]
i'm sorry but i have a habit of writing short forms like for 'that' i use 'tht'.... can u give me some time to overcome this habit.... as it is said.... habit takes a long time to go away... u take out the "H" and "A-BIT" is left.... you take out "A" and still "BIT" is left.... you take out "B" and still "IT" is left ! (Y) (gr.3 teacher taught us this long back :D )One Username Only
Sam wrote:[A member should only be using 1 username, instead of making multiple accounts. .]
^i've already commited this mistake and i'm really sorry for it from the deepest bottom of my heart ! :happy:

and yes..... caught you SAM !!! you yourself have 2 accounts.... (ADMIN and SAM) !! what do you say about it !LAW MAKER HIMSELF BREAKING THEM !! :D (don't take me harsh... just pulling your leg, it's your website - you can do what you wish ! (Y) )
Sam wrote:No Racial and Prejudice Comments
They will be deleted and an instant ban/suspension given out to the offending member..]
^ sorry MIKEH :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Sam wrote:No Abusive/Threatening Comments
Will be edited/deleted and warnings issued. Abusive/threatening PM's/emails will not be tolerated and members doing so will be issued with suspensions/ban accordingly..]
^ GOD FORBID ! thankfully there aint any terorrist among us ! or is there one ?!?! :|

Sam wrote:The 3 STRIKE Rule:
4th Offence: A full Ban..]
i'm just 2 steps behind :( :( :(

by the way Mr. ADMIN... in my case.... i directly got a 3 days ban.... without any warning..... was it that i commited something severe??? or was it a mistake done by any of the ADMINs by blocking me ?!?!?!
Sam wrote:admin@uaeboost.net
Sameer Ar.

^ 2 2 accounts !! (Y) :o :wink: :wink: :wink: lol !

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 19 Jun 2007, 6:24 pm

can we post topics in order to correct each other? for eg:- respected MIKEH has got this wirtten in his signature
What you mean with correcting? If somebody types something wrong, you correct him/her. I care more about providing others with the right information, and if it's wrong, why couldn't somebody correct one?

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 19 Jun 2007, 6:37 pm

mikeh wrote:
can we post topics in order to correct each other? for eg:- respected MIKEH has got this wirtten in his signature
What you mean with correcting? If somebody types something wrong, you correct him/her. I care more about providing others with the right information, and if it's wrong, why couldn't somebody correct one?
one doubt clear ! (Y)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 20 Jun 2007, 11:28 pm

boost wrote:
Sam wrote:Board Rules

Post in the correct section. That’s what they are there for.

You may not advertise another forum without permission from the Administrators/Moderators.]
^ now what i want to ask is that.... in the section "off-topic section".... can we post topics in order to correct each other? for eg:- respected MIKEH has got this wirtten in his signature "<-- attitude problem, apparently." - while his avatar has now been shifted to the right side ! is that a proper topic to be posted ??? hope you understand my point ! and regarding advertising another forums, can't we post another forum's topic to help someone overcome his/her problems easily ??
eg:- respected MIKEH has got this wirtten in his signature "<-- attitude problem, apparently." - while his avatar has now been shifted to the right side ! is that a proper topic to be posted ???

If you find any member's signature breaking the Board Rules, you have the right to complain and action will be taken accordingly. Regarding this matter, I don't find Mikeh's signature breaking any board rules. You can PM him may be regarding this signature thingi; I find it pretty stupid to start a completely new topic about it :?

regarding advertising another forums, can't we post another forum's topic to help someone overcome his/her problems easily ??

You can definitely do that, provided that all links to other websites are manually checked and approved by the admins/mods.
Sam wrote:[
Language
Anyone using TXT Talk (short forms) will be issued a warning. 3 and you’re out. Simple! Improper use of language will not be tolerated. You will use proper English and/or Arabic with it's correct elegance.]
i'm sorry but i have a habit of writing short forms like for 'that' i use 'tht'.... can u give me some time to overcome this habit.... as it is said.... habit takes a long time to go away... u take out the "H" and "A-BIT" is left.... you take out "A" and still "BIT" is left.... you take out "B" and still "IT" is left ! (Y) (gr.3 teacher taught us this long back :D )
Open up a Notepad and practice your full forms for a couple of hours every day. I'm sure it won't take much time for the IT to go away as well. Whatsoever, if TXT Talk is seen/reported in any part of the forum, three warnings will be issued before a permanent ban is implemented (yes, three and not four) and that is not undo-able in normal circumstances.
Sam wrote:One Username Only
[A member should only be using 1 username, instead of making multiple accounts. .]
^i've already commited this mistake and i'm really sorry for it from the deepest bottom of my heart ! :happy:

and yes..... caught you SAM !!! you yourself have 2 accounts.... (ADMIN and SAM) !! what do you say about it !LAW MAKER HIMSELF BREAKING THEM !! :D (don't take me harsh... just pulling your leg, it's your website - you can do what you wish ! (Y) )
You have the wrong information there. There is no such user as "ADMIN". We have only two admins, which is me and Shalashaska, the site owner (and that is not me anymore.) You can see the staff here.
Sam wrote:The 3 STRIKE Rule:
4th Offence: A full Ban..]
i'm just 2 steps behind :( :( :(
All bans and warnings to registered members were cleared with the upgrade of the board to V3 with the exception of those under permanent bans. You are all clear. Warnings are also cleared when we see an improvement in the member's discipline (no violation of board rules etc.), yet, it depends on the nature of the warning issued.
by the way Mr. ADMIN... in my case.... i directly got a 3 days ban.... without any warning..... was it that i commited something severe??? or was it a mistake done by any of the ADMINs by blocking me ?!?!?!
The 3 Strike Rule has only been introduced now, and that is also the reason why all previous bans and warnings from all accounts have been cleared.

We never make mistakes while banning a member. It is an important and necessary step to take against members that violate board rules.
Sam wrote:admin@uaeboost.net
Sameer Ar.

^ 2 2 accounts !! (Y) :o :wink: :wink: :wink: lol !

That is the direct email address to contact the Administrator regarding any forum-related problems (only if help is not provided in the Support forum). Emails sent are received by all Admins.

cena_fire89
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:honda civic 1994 coupe

Post by cena_fire89 » 17 Jul 2007, 4:48 pm

hey sir
realllly gud rulzzzz
ill keeep ma best not 2 spoil your well growing website

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Jul 2007, 7:05 am

cena_fire89 wrote:hey sir
realllly gud rulzzzz
ill keeep ma best not 2 spoil your well growing website
You're already violating one of the rules:
Language
Anyone using TXT Talk (short forms) will be issued a warning. 3 and you’re out. Simple! Improper use of language will not be tolerated. You will use proper English and/or Arabic with it's correct elegance.

poi5on
UB Junior Member

Post by poi5on » 02 Sep 2008, 6:26 am

Hi, Im sorry about the text talks didnt know that. Will Keep that in mind. Thanks Sir.

hater999
UB Advanced Member

Post by hater999 » 17 Apr 2009, 4:05 pm

How is this releated to to the Board Rules?

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 17 Apr 2009, 4:31 pm

this doris is jus an anooying thing ...

hater999
UB Advanced Member

Post by hater999 » 18 Apr 2009, 2:55 pm

You are just randomly posting this in topics!