Forum upgrade to V3

Important announcements regarding site and forums made here. Provide your feedback to us here.

What browser do you use?

Internet Explorer
42%
Mozilla Firefox
47%
Other
11%

Total votes: 19

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 17 Jun 2007, 2:02 pm

We are few hours away from the launch of the new forums. Before we proceed with the final steps; some features are being removed from the new setup.

- Cash system will no longer be available.
- Garage will be removed.
- Chat is not supported.
- Featured Topics list will not be available.
Eleanor wrote:i think the new one would b good too .....
even though i like this one - id say to put a touch of this set up into the new one, to keep the feel the same.
would b nice.....
The new theme has been set up. There are nothing but improvements to the current theme as in this version of the forums.
Tamu wrote:Very nicely done..i like the colors and layout..and yes it will be hard to get used to but it should be implemented and tested....the only problem i found was the signature and avatar place..its on the right..which is not comfortable at all!!!..i think its decent..we should try it!!
I agree on the member info panel. We will work on it as well. It is only a candidate release of the forum that we will be taking live in a few hours from now. Changes and improvements in the system are still expected over a period of time.
stone-head wrote:go for it man Thumbs Up
if we cannot keep up pace with new upgrades then we r stuck behind. congrats :)
hk20 wrote:go for it SAM ..i liked it ..after launching it we will get used to it and there wont be any problem i suppose ..its a GREAT WORK (Y)
boost wrote:if tht is so, thn wht are u waiting for ! make the changes as soon as possible - we are very desperate to see the new UAEBOOST.net !
Nismo wrote:wicked go for the new one its much better and faster ..
Thanks for all your support :) We will try our best to bring you back the features that are being removed currently to support the new system. We are glad to have all the support and cooperation from you all.

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 17 Jun 2007, 2:23 pm

Sam wrote:We are few hours away from the launch of the new forums. Before we proceed with the final steps; some features are being removed from the new setup.

- Cash system will no longer be available.
- Garage will be removed.
:( PLEASE DONT TAKE MY MONEY AND MY CAR :(

:D :D :D LOL :D :D :D

abdullah
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:skyline gt +Honda EK +yaris

Post by abdullah » 17 Jun 2007, 2:50 pm

same gve me my money then do wat u want

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 17 Jun 2007, 2:54 pm

why is the cash and garage not going to be supported??..i think its better if we have that so we can see members rides!!!.....

ohh well....best of luck with the upgrade..hope it goes smooth!!

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 17 Jun 2007, 3:14 pm

Tamu wrote:why is the cash and garage not going to be supported??..i think its better if we have that so we can see members rides!!!.....

ohh well....best of luck with the upgrade..hope it goes smooth!!
The new system has a re-designed programming structure. Almost all the older scripts and features are, to some extent, not supported by the new system. In other words; a new cash system need to be designed to support the new system. Programmers are onto it, but the most stable release will only be out at a later date. There can be no backups of the current cash-data. Same goes for the Garage.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this will cause with regard to the Garage and Cash especially. We will try and bring it all back but only as the previous features get re-designed to support the new forum system.

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 17 Jun 2007, 3:34 pm

any spam issues on this version sam?

if your looking for a Mod... ehem ehem..

hehehe.. i Gladly nominate my self.. :$

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 17 Jun 2007, 4:41 pm

wek-236 wrote:any spam issues on this version sam?

if your looking for a Mod... ehem ehem..

hehehe.. i Gladly nominate my self.. :$
No spam issues with it yet. And yes, I am looking for Mods :) You will receive a PM with the details.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Jun 2007, 12:52 am

UAE Boost V3 is now online.

Forum upgrade has been successful without any problems during the process.

All members are requested to update their profiles and go through all the changes that have been made to the board. Board Rules have been revised. We strongly advice you to go through the rules before continuing posting in the forum.

We would like to thank all members and moderators for their continuous cooperation and support, and at the same time, we are sorry for the inconvenience the short downtime may have caused. We also realize that some features that were available previously are not yet supported or available at this moment of time. We will bring them back online as soon as they are available and ready to go live.

Thank you all once again for all your support and suggestions.

Aamir
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Honda S2000 07 Civic 08 96

Post by Aamir » 18 Jun 2007, 1:35 am

Great work ! Very nicely done.. Seems like a lot of effort has gone in .!

Congrats ! and best of luck ! keep improving !

Aamir

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 18 Jun 2007, 7:28 am

wow! uaeboost v3!
looks really nice and working nice too
Congrats and good luck

ScOrPiO ZaiB
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ScOrPiO ZaiB » 18 Jun 2007, 7:54 am

Congratulations Sam and Everyone on the opening of the new uaeboost v3 ................ I must say that this version is looking very good and its also faster than the old version (Y) (Y) ............ I dont mean that the old version was not good but this version is more better than the old one .......... Thats what i think ....... Very Good work done (Y) ......... Best of luck

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 18 Jun 2007, 8:33 am

congratulations (Y) (Y)
& thank u for ur great effort
mashsalla nice work , cheers 8)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Jun 2007, 12:15 pm

stone-head wrote:congratulations (Y) (Y)
& thank u for ur great effort
mashsalla nice work , cheers 8)
Scorpio Zaib wrote:Congratulations Sam and Everyone on the opening of the new uaeboost v3 ................
Aamir wrote:Great work ! Very nicely done.. Seems like a lot of effort has gone in .!
masabgt wrote:wow! uaeboost v3!
looks really nice and working nice too
Congrats and good luck
Thanks everyone :) There is still much more to be improved and I'm already working on few tidbits here and there. But above all, there is one thing we would like you all to use extensively: that is the reporting system.

See the Image icon on the top-right corner of posts. Use it to report posts that are irrelevant to the forum, any post causing any problems in that topic (off-topic, spamming etc.), posted in the wrong section, violates any of the board rules (incld. the infamous TXT talk!) We review each and every report and they are crucial for the overall stability and organization of the forum as a whole. We will take all necessary actions to make UAE Boost a much better community that what it has been in the past and we hope for all the support from you all (Y)

Secondly, as you would have already noticed most probably;

- you can attach pictures to your posts directly (no need for hotlinking all the time!)
- manage your pictures, other files etc. through your control panel (edit, delete etc.)
- manage your topic bookmarks
- add members to your friends/foes list! :)

The Announcement forum is open to your feedback at all times now. (although you may not start topics in this forum.) Still don't feel so good about the new forum? Let me know here :wink:

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 18 Jun 2007, 12:33 pm

Loving the new forum and the new look, but just one question, the 'uaeboost V3' title looks a slight bit isolated without any pics, hehe :D , if you could make it a bit more flashy. Not a necessity, just a request.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Jun 2007, 12:40 pm

TNT wrote:Loving the new forum and the new look, but just one question, the 'uaeboost V3' title looks a slight bit isolated without any pics, hehe :D , if you could make it a bit more flashy. Not a necessity, just a request.
Of course :) I just wanted to launch the board before this morning, without caring much about the pictures etc. :D Dimensions here are fixed and limited; we'll work on something for it.

Thanks!