Feb 8th Desert BBQ - Al Ain

Archived Past Events with photo galleries and all information.
Knight_Dante
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS 300

Post by Knight_Dante » 29 Jan 2008, 10:28 am

I'm not into desert so I don't think I'm coming to this meeting.

MASTER DISASTER
UB Addicted Member

Post by MASTER DISASTER » 29 Jan 2008, 7:12 pm

hi guys,
am not sure if ill attend , that i may have some classes regarding my MBA. :arrow:

I've invited some of my friends,<car fans .

Good day, (Y)

MD <MASTER DISASTER

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 29 Jan 2008, 7:37 pm

Dont worry about the Xtrail ... bring it along and we'll go as far as we can go :-)

Prossett, good to hear the big boys will join us ...

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 30 Jan 2008, 8:45 am

Yeah, it should be a good day - some really nice people planning to show up - you included, of course! 8)

We'll just take it easy, too, since there's not a destination we have to reach, like a desert trip - we'll just hang around in that one area, so all the convoy procedures, timing, direction finding, navigation, all that trip stuff, we won't have to mess with.

Just need to make sure everyone drives within their level of expertise... it's like learning how to ski: you start on the slow smooth beginner's slope, and you learn the basic skills of controlling speed and reading the terrain. Then you go to the intermediate slope, and so on.

The problem is that sometimes you get a beginner who thinks (or is pushed by friends!!!) to immediately go down the icy bouncy black run of death, with jumps, and rocks, and trees... the guy of course has no control and goes too fast.

It's exactly the same learning process with dune driving, but much easier than skiing!!! :D

Crush
UB Addicted Member

Post by Crush » 30 Jan 2008, 3:50 pm

Hi guys Long time no see..... :|

i was busy sorry i had my colloge and my job to keep up and 3 projects to do..(car projects).

iv been with uaeboost since it started ...and i drifted away by day to day activitys....
Sorry SAM . :$

But i finished simaster now and i have little free time...plus finshed My frineds R33 project . 8)

and will start with mine still didint post any pictures nor any movies still will finish the whole thing and post them. :arrow:

i was thinking of attending the meet with my 33 gts but i will come with my land crusier , i didnt meet any one still from UAEboost . but i was up to date , because most where in Dubai .
but now its in AL AIN my home town ..i think i'll be there ,off road is nice im an 8/10 on offroading so no worrys if anyone need help .. :D

BR

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 30 Jan 2008, 6:26 pm

Welcome Crush! 8)

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 31 Jan 2008, 7:32 am

Crush wrote:Hi guys Long time no see..... :|

i was busy sorry i had my colloge and my job to keep up and 3 projects to do..(car projects).

iv been with uaeboost since it started ...and i drifted away by day to day activitys....
Sorry SAM . :$

But i finished simaster now and i have little free time...plus finshed My frineds R33 project . 8)

and will start with mine still didint post any pictures nor any movies still will finish the whole thing and post them. :arrow:

i was thinking of attending the meet with my 33 gts but i will come with my land crusier , i didnt meet any one still from UAEboost . but i was up to date , because most where in Dubai .
but now its in AL AIN my home town ..i think i'll be there ,off road is nice im an 8/10 on offroading so no worrys if anyone need help .. :D

BR
hey man welcome back (Y) (Y)
may be we will have some chit-chat about skylines since you got experience with them
plus other stuff 8) 8)

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 31 Jan 2008, 5:47 pm

HI ,,every one its nice to hear abt the next meet,,but i dont think i can make it with my eclipse,i dont want to see my car standing out on the side of a road while the other big guys performing in desert,,surely if it was an street meeet would have showed up ,,,HOPE U GUYS HAVE A LOT OF FUN

Crush
UB Addicted Member

Post by Crush » 31 Jan 2008, 9:49 pm

i would like to add .

anyone who has salons or a sport car and cant reach to that area , i offer he can park his car in my house .. its in al Yaher and he could ride with me.

no worrys about parking in the street .

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 31 Jan 2008, 10:07 pm

Thanks Crush - nice of you to offer. 8)

Note that at Devil's Plunge there is a tarmac road with zero traffic (dead end) that enters right into the dune area, so your street car would be parked safely at about 500 metres from you at all times.

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 01 Feb 2008, 2:10 pm

prossett wrote: so your street car would be parked safely at about 500 metres from you at all times.
this means it's safe !! :-) so dont worry !! :-) come along and enjoi the dunes

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 04 Feb 2008, 7:14 am

can we put some time aside after, for a quick car wash? - maybe its cheaper in Al Ain :P :P

I usually just get the underneath washed after i go off roading. damn places in Dubai charge 30AED for an under wash and 45AED for the whole thing!

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 04 Feb 2008, 12:53 pm

Crush wrote:iv been with uaeboost since it started ...and i drifted away by day to day activitys....Sorry SAM . :$
Welcome back Crush :) Long time since we had a chat too... don't really have time for MSN these days ;)

I'm not an off-road-guy at all... :P Most probably I will not be present at this meet either, but looking forward to meet you all at other events soon InshAllah... Hope all you guys have a great time! (Y)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 06 Feb 2008, 8:23 am

Getting close guys!!! 8) 2 more days only...

Here's my surprise for uaeboost members - from the members who show up with a street car (non 4x4) and who have to park and ride with someone else, I will by chance offer one the driving seat of a very nice off-road vehicle (while I sit as passenger).

Offer only valid for registered uaeboost members. 8) Will be determined purely by luck of the draw.

Look forward to seeing you guys!!!

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 06 Feb 2008, 8:31 am

very tempting offer..... :P