Help UAEBoost BOOST more!!

Feel like giving us a hand?
Post your suggestions here.
Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 04 Jun 2006, 5:15 pm

mikeh wrote:
Sam wrote:I think T-Shirts should be restricted to Members only.
Of course, goes without saying.. But we should get a quote for a number of tshirts..
Well, we can get that once I come up with an attractive design and finally announce the sales being open. If we talk about the tshirts alot here, we may already discuss too much and may not have anything to say in the official thread.

So, lets wait for an announcement. 8)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 04 Jun 2006, 6:16 pm

The rules mentioned on the top are being re-considered. Please ensure that you strictly follow these rules and avoid any action being taken against you.

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 05 Jun 2006, 12:17 pm

I think this is the right place to post this info..
UAEBOOST is all about tuner culture and customization...
But there isnt a section for customizing a car.. i mean complete project.
Noticed it when i saw this guy askin for help to customize his car.

There shud a section like, pimp your ride!
Or Customize ur ride!
So someone can start talkin about complete build up
Ask for help from members to complete a project.
OR Someone can do their own project and have a constant update on the project. So everyone can see the stages!!
Yes Aerodynamic, engine, interior shud be still there for question relate to them post.

Wat do u say guys...

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 05 Jun 2006, 12:41 pm

Neo wrote:I think this is the right place to post this info..
UAEBOOST is all about tuner culture and customization...
But there isnt a section for customizing a car.. i mean complete project.
Noticed it when i saw this guy askin for help to customize his car.

There shud a section like, pimp your ride!
Or Customize ur ride!
So someone can start talkin about complete build up
Ask for help from members to complete a project.
OR Someone can do their own project and have a constant update on the project. So everyone can see the stages!!
Yes Aerodynamic, engine, interior shud be still there for question relate to them post.

Wat do u say guys...
You're trying to talk about one thread including all the other three (Engine, Aerodynamics and Interior.) But, I think, for the time being, since we don't have many people doing any actual *projects*, we can cope with the existing Technical Talk forum. Any such details can be posted in the Engine thread since there cannot be a project without laying your hands on the engine.

:)

Neo

Post by Neo » 05 Jun 2006, 12:59 pm

Sam wrote:
You're trying to talk about one thread including all the other three (Engine, Aerodynamics and Interior.) But, I think, for the time being, since we don't have many people doing any actual *projects*, we can cope with the existing Technical Talk forum. Any such details can be posted in the Engine thread since there cannot be a project without laying your hands on the engine.

Alrite its official then!!!
No 24 hr ban on posting my projecst it ova there!!! LOL!!!

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 05 Jun 2006, 1:01 pm

Neo wrote:Alrite its official then!!!
No 24 hr ban on posting my projecst it ova there!!! LOL!!!
Yes I know I'm supposed to ban you but this topic is partly a Support thread as well. :)

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 09 Jun 2006, 5:55 pm

How about we also make a directory for good garages..

Basically for garages who don't have a website, some basic information.. address, contact information, small inventory and pictures.. ?

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 10 Jun 2006, 8:25 pm

mikeh wrote:How about we also make a directory for good garages..

Basically for garages who don't have a website, some basic information.. address, contact information, small inventory and pictures.. ?
Don't we have something like that in the Cars For Sale forum already? Or, if you're talking about taking it up on the main site?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 18 Jun 2006, 12:25 am

Well, more of a proper directory instead of a sumarry.. and have user experiences with them.

As I said before, collective intelligence, it's what this web thing is build on now :)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Jun 2006, 10:55 pm

mikeh wrote:Well, more of a proper directory instead of a sumarry.. and have user experiences with them.

As I said before, collective intelligence, it's what this web thing is build on now :)
Well then. You write a short description of your experiences with various workshops and/or provide contact details about them as well. We'll have it in our Workshops Guides section (in the New UAE Boost that is.)

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 18 Jun 2006, 10:59 pm

Will do (Y)

started already actually

Neo

Post by Neo » 06 Jul 2006, 1:28 am

Once again I gotta stress...
I am so glad to meet u all, and i cant explain how happy i am....
I had a specific reason above all to be there...
Yes I wanted to see the people i chat wit..
The precise reason was, I expected a discussion regarding this thread over there and didnt want to miss tat one..
Unfortunately... there were few members, and who eva turned up left faster than they parked theirs cars in the first place...

Agreed guys, u all had work to do and i am jobless...
U must understand... I made my dad wait from 10 till the time the meet got over...
Maybe its the passion for the forum/community tats missing.. posting lota stuff and earning UB money is not tat matters the most...
Being there when there is a call is how u show ur passion for the site..
I mite sound a bit rude... I am not trying to be so... I know some people had genuine reason...

Lets work this out and make things better...
Like i said earlier... number of members isnt that matters... having 400 members and barely 10 turning up for a monthly meet is bad, period

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 06 Jul 2006, 12:40 pm

quite many ideas comin up...

neo totally agree wid u ... im also tht passionate as u r abt meetin car enthusiasts ..

sum of my ideas ...
1. PROB: :?: forums are hard to follow for ppl who dont regularly visit n post on the site .. i dont mean dicontinuing forums :nono:
:idea: SOLUTION: make sum specific links for imp topics rather than leavin it deep in the forums at a backpage

2. PROB: :?: makin ppl aware of UAEBOOST
:idea: SOLUTION: stickers n tshirts as suggested
AND word to mouth ... very IMPP

3. PROB: :?: a better site
:idea: SOLUTION: more possibilities such as CHAT n SEARCH ENGINE n if possible an EMAIL account
like xheartx77@uaeboost.net .... jus an eg. ... seeing a site at an email forces ppl to visit the site

4. PROB: :?: being a racing community has its negatives
:idea: SOLUTION: a car and boosting enthusiasts or a community of auto luvers

5. PROB: :?: FEATURING ALL FORUM MEMBER CARS AS ARE THE SUPRAS n SKYLINES (FEATURED CARS)
:idea: SOLUTION: a specific link in the site for member cars wid updated photos taken of all cars wid their mods n specs

6. PROB: :?: GETTIN TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF A COMMUNITY
:idea: SOLUTION: ads wid the local media(magazines etc) and merging wid other ecommunities in a way tht members are not transferred on the other side

7. PROB: :?: LACK OF ADVERTISEMENTS AND SPONSORS
:idea: SOLUTION: i think making a directory of garages n other outlets for car repairs, mods both exterior n interior audio etcetc would encourage the site to get companies to place their ads on the site , ... this would help the site being paid n more grow as finances increase

these were sum of the ideas ... i had n also sum of the other members at the forum which i hav stated ... would luv to contribute any ideas or effort for UAEBOOST's growth :)

n yea all the members can contribute by buyin the stickers n shirts ... a shirt worn at a mall or casually will certainly be noticed n yea stickers also
... n then we will start multiplyin ... n doesnt matter if we grow to 1000 or more members at least an increased percentage will be active on the forum n meets
say out of 425 members 50 are active ... in a 1000 members we surely will hav atleast 100 members

i guess its been too long a post ... will update on any idea i hav ...

HOPIN FOR THE BEST FOR :arrow: U A E B O O S T . N E T :arrow:

peace :!: :)

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 06 Jul 2006, 5:22 pm

xheartx77, you have valid points... the talks about boosting uaeboost kinda deceased, and childish talks whenever somebody makes a funny and/or constructive comment happen more than before, and this brings the image of a board down.

- We have, what, say 20 users who post here... of those users only 10 show up to meets. The 420 users, mor than 90% of them (I made a script to make statistics of the site) have less than 10 posts. Frankly most UAEBoost members (people who signed up) have 0 posts.

- if you don't visit the forums as much as others.. you get overwhelmed, I agree. And frankly speaking, most of the stuff I read here is well.. not what I am looking for. I guess we are a direct link to photobucket and youtube... and very few (this one, this one, this one, and this, this, this and some others). The majority of the posts is either about love , stickers , or racing.

- featured cars.. you only qualify if you have lambo doors, a special paintjob, and it has to be a skyline and/or a supra. Friends of mine have done cool and clean mods to their cars, but they honestly don't want to be featured (plus, I dont think they qualify anyway), so I contacted other forums and magazines. No, it are not skylines or supra's.. but this is about car modifications, right? Hell, this could be http://www.uaestickers.net I guess. Don't get me wrong, a skyline is a nice car, but you get my point.

- making people aware.. sure, but what group do you want to attract? The 15 year old guy who wants to buy either a skyline or mustang, or bmw, or whatever car? Or people who wich to have as most pictures of the above mentioned cars as possible...

....or somebody who knows stuff about cars?

and word of mouth, get out to UAQ and such, and see how much word of mouth reaches there.. and if it reaches there.. what the reputation is of the boards. I have uaeboost stickers on/in my stickers, and I won't give comments what some said about this site.

- email addresses I guess if for the privileged sam@uaeboost.net only I suppose. Honestly (and this is directly pointed to Sam, and I don't care of anybody bans me, takes my ub money or even key my car), i think control should be more divided amongst people. To me, for the past 10 months I noticed that Sam doesn't like to give much control to others. But that is my opinion. Hate me or love me, I'm being honest.

- racing is negative, but look at how childish racing forums turn out. But that aside, the majority I guess still likes "street racing" and claim "hey, i can beat this car and that car" and know jack shit about cars. Oh well, i won't go into thise, i'll be shout at.

I told Sam before, that if the level of UAEBoost would be brought up (and I'm not saying all users are stupid, not at all.. just the level and usability) it would go to the next level, call it a UAEBoost 2.0. Whereby advertisers and such would be interested in this site and community, but honestly, now there's still a long way to go.. and I don't see any progress.

My 2 cents, as I said, hate it or love it.

Mike
Last edited by mikeh on 06 Jul 2006, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 06 Jul 2006, 5:41 pm

I'd ike to see member's rides on the front page, regardless of what car it is... that would be cool, it would only be fair, especially considering how active some of these users are. :)

Another cool thing that could be done about it... Evolve actually have this cool thing like an online garage where you can upload timeslips and car images and such, integrated into the site and forum. A good idea.

edit: mikeh, good suggestions.