Help UAEBoost BOOST more!!

Feel like giving us a hand?
Post your suggestions here.
xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 06 Jul 2006, 7:17 pm

mikeh wrote:xheartx77, you have valid points... the talks about boosting uaeboost kinda deceased, and childish talks whenever somebody makes a funny and/or constructive comment happen more than before, and this brings the image of a board down.

- We have, what, say 20 users who post here... of those users only 10 show up to meets. The 420 users, mor than 90% of them (I made a script to make statistics of the site) have less than 10 posts. Frankly most UAEBoost members (people who signed up) have 0 posts.

- if you don't visit the forums as much as others.. you get overwhelmed, I agree. And frankly speaking, most of the stuff I read here is well.. not what I am looking for. I guess we are a direct link to photobucket and youtube... and very few (this one, this one, this one, and this, this, this and some others). The majority of the posts is either about love , stickers , or racing.

- featured cars.. you only qualify if you have lambo doors, a special paintjob, and it has to be a skyline and/or a supra. Friends of mine have done cool and clean mods to their cars, but they honestly don't want to be featured (plus, I dont think they qualify anyway), so I contacted other forums and magazines. No, it are not skylines or supra's.. but this is about car modifications, right? Hell, this could be http://www.uaestickers.net I guess. Don't get me wrong, a skyline is a nice car, but you get my point.

- making people aware.. sure, but what group do you want to attract? The 15 year old guy who wants to buy either a skyline or mustang, or bmw, or whatever car? Or people who wich to have as most pictures of the above mentioned cars as possible...

....or somebody who knows stuff about cars?

and word of mouth, get out to UAQ and such, and see how much word of mouth reaches there.. and if it reaches there.. what the reputation is of the boards. I have uaeboost stickers on/in my stickers, and I won't give comments what some said about this site.

- email addresses I guess if for the privileged sam@uaeboost.net only I suppose. Honestly (and this is directly pointed to Sam, and I don't care of anybody bans me, takes my ub money or even key my car), i think control should be more divided amongst people. To me, for the past 10 months I noticed that Sam doesn't like to give much control to others. But that is my opinion. Hate me or love me, I'm being honest.

- racing is negative, but look at how childish racing forums turn out. But that aside, the majority I guess still likes "street racing" and claim "hey, i can beat this car and that car" and know jack shit about cars. Oh well, i won't go into thise, i'll be shout at.

I told Sam before, that if the level of UAEBoost would be brought up (and I'm not saying all users are stupid, not at all.. just the level and usability) it would go to the next level, call it a UAEBoost 2.0. Whereby advertisers and such would be interested in this site and community, but honestly, now there's still a long way to go.. and I don't see any progress.

My 2 cents, as I said, hate it or love it.

Mike
mikeh greets 2 u ..

mikeh i think u put up really intrestin stuff n info ... n u being a mod wid quite sum authority should visit sum other forums which are at level 2.0 n higher atleast than uaeboost standards n get sumthin tht really lasts long as a gud thread ... includin sumthin of basic understanding b'coz as u said not many members know about HIGH TECHNICALITIES regarding engine setup n parts ... so they dont participate

i feel the same 'bout "useful info" as most threads mostly contain jokes , pulling legs , n backing other members n LOLzzz mostly ... i agree tht v as members hav rights to express our emotions of laughter n agreement or disagreement wid others views ... but a useful short thread of a single page gains a size of 4 and more pages .... sumone who dosent follow the threads has a huge load of data to go through ... it is intrestin if he relates wid the thread or understands the technical info or else jus like a chat log wher ppl r jus basically posting a lol or gettin to know each other better ... n an intrested member wastin time readin how ppl r chattin on the site ....

NO OFFENCES SERIOUSLY ... I LL STILL BE AT UAE BOOST FORUMS EVEN IF A THREAD GOES UP TO 20 + PAGES

I also feel tht uaeboost is a car enthsiasts community n not headed towards a racer or wanabe racer commuity ... coz seriously racin aint anywayz legal ... and a racing habit on city streets is dangerous.. .. n the future mite be tht every UAEBOOST sticker spotted on a car mite be fined by cops as the community mite hav an image of a racing n troble makin community ... it will be easier if its specified wht we aim as a community frm now ... b4 its toooo late

as of for the uaeboost 2.0 upgrade thought ... it will take time for a completly new setup ..agree wid u ... but r the site authorities thinkin into it or is it still a way far thought .. n i think havin a GENERAL CHAT link on the site will attract ppl n a section especially on AUTO CHAT also ... this can giv us stats of no of ppl visiting the site ... which is the basis on which company's place ad's on the site...

well im actually lost in my own ideas ... :!: .. will think more into it ... n cum up wid plans ...

NO OFFENCE .. PEACE .. ARENT ALL IDEAS WELCOMED ?? ... CMON ALL U MEMBERS ... ITS NOW OR NEVER ..

MOST IMP : IM NOT TRYIN TO IMPOSE MY THOUGHTS ON ANYONE .. JUS EXPRESSING WHT I THINK :)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 06 Jul 2006, 7:33 pm

Agreed to everyone's ideas and suggestions. I had ALL these (and even more) ideas in mind way before I started this board in the first place.

UAEBoost 2.0 is being worked on since the past one month already. I have said it earlier and I'm saying it again: I have personal issues due to which UAEBoost is not progressing in the way I've predicted it to be.

May I bring your attention to the Automotive Art forum. How many of you actually responded to the "Photoshop Tutorials" thread? How many here are willing to do "Articles" for UAEBoost? We have graphic designers with us. Yet, if I am to do the New UAE Boost by myself, I need time. I just ask for your support in giving me some more time.

Cars For Sale: I stick'd the "Garages and Showrooms" topic when I started that forum, and I'm still improving on it by visiting various workshops, talking to people there and taking pictures to promote the workshop. You can expect a Workshops section on the New UAE Boost.

Featured Cars: Very few of our "Members Rides" qualify for being Featured on UAE Boost (following the basic criteria.) Members Rides link will be added on the main page of the new site.

Attracting people: Attraction depends on the way our website "looks". Keeping this thought in mind, the New site will be more informative and will be more than just an online photo gallery of cars from UAE. The design has been adjusted as being less complicated and more easier to access information.

Chat Room: The very first of our members know that we had a Chat Room on our very first launch. Unfortunately, ever since we changed servers, we've had (and still have) numerous problems with the board. Chat Room will be up (and so will be the File Attaching priviledges.)

Board Control: The new group of Moderators will be assigned along with the launch of the New site. Giving out UAEBoost email addresses was supposed to be my gift for you on the celebration of UAEBoost Anniversary which is due next month, but anyways, some of you seem even more smarter than myself.

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 06 Jul 2006, 7:46 pm

Sam wrote:Agreed to everyone's ideas and suggestions. I had ALL these (and even more) ideas in mind way before I started this board in the first place.

UAEBoost 2.0 is being worked on since the past one month already. I have said it earlier and I'm saying it again: I have personal issues due to which UAEBoost is not progressing in the way I've predicted it to be.

May I bring your attention to the Automotive Art forum. How many of you actually responded to the "Photoshop Tutorials" thread? How many here are willing to do "Articles" for UAEBoost? We have graphic designers with us. Yet, if I am to do the New UAE Boost by myself, I need time. I just ask for your support in giving me some more time.

Cars For Sale: I stick'd the "Garages and Showrooms" topic when I started that forum, and I'm still improving on it by visiting various workshops, talking to people there and taking pictures to promote the workshop. You can expect a Workshops section on the New UAE Boost.

Featured Cars: Very few of our "Members Rides" qualify for being Featured on UAE Boost (following the basic criteria.) Members Rides link will be added on the main page of the new site.

Attracting people: Attraction depends on the way our website "looks". Keeping this thought in mind, the New site will be more informative and will be more than just an online photo gallery of cars from UAE. The design has been adjusted as being less complicated and more easier to access information.

Chat Room: The very first of our members know that we had a Chat Room on our very first launch. Unfortunately, ever since we changed servers, we've had (and still have) numerous problems with the board. Chat Room will be up (and so will be the File Attaching priviledges.)

Board Control: The new group of Moderators will be assigned along with the launch of the New site. Giving out UAEBoost email addresses was supposed to be my gift for you on the celebration of UAEBoost Anniversary which is due next month, but anyways, some of you seem even more smarter than myself.
well SAM thts jus not improvements ... itsa treat for all of us ... really sorry if i dupped ur surprise planz ... but u've made my day .... i've started relatin to this site ...

thanxx :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 06 Jul 2006, 9:00 pm

I think we* should sit together to discuss these things. Have a list of items to discuss, which we can check off. I know that Sam likes to be in control of UAEBoost, which is normal as well.. but I think that having others' input is valuable as well.

Well I know that in my company, I'm a guy that asks for meetings to have several opinions. Because I think like this (engines, and only engines), and others maybe not. Therefor, having many people's inputs is good... which I think is lacking at the moment.

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 07 Jul 2006, 3:17 am

To all the members who followed up and brought back life to this thread....
Thank you.

I waited and waited to see if someone is going to start... Noone did, hence i had to.

If u have been following the thread, it wud be evident that many things have been repeated umpteen times...

That includes ur comments too, Sam..... And yes, u have agreed to it.

And as mike has explained once again, its time to talk wit people who has different opinion. And mike i guess we did find few mins to discuss these issues during the last meet; sparky was around too.

What ever be the case, i am in it!!!

And xxheartyxx good points and right idea...
By the way i had pointed out long back, if this site is all about street racing, u neva know when this site gets banned for promoting street racing..

Peace!

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 07 Jul 2006, 3:47 am

Hi Sam, I would like to help... what kind of article writing do you need? how many words, and what topics? i'd like to write some articles for us... i have some decent copywriting skills, but my scope of automotive knowledge is not as strong as some... i would however, like to give it a shot. :)

About graphic works, to be honest I would love to but only if i get time to do it. I apologize for not coming forward but i myself have just switched jobs recently and it's been busy ever since i started work as a senior creative. I would definitely like to help. For instance, if you want we can all discuss this more in-depth next time we meet. Maybe we could do some sort of campaign, throw some ideas at eachother.

Suggestions

1. Articles:

Instead of having a competition where 5 people write about the same car with the same mods, i think that collective effort would be better divided to 5 people writing about 5 cars. just my humble opinion, sam. :) Maybe we could have a simple enough competition just to assess peoples writing styles and nominate a few article writers who can keep writing material, instead of one-off competitions.

2. Design:

Aside from the tutorials contribution, maybe there could be another way of getting some design work done. Maybe an interface competition. Maybe we could make a list of jobs and distribute some of the jobs across the different designers here. jobs like: T-Shirts, new stickers, flyers, etc.
And those who can't contribute time and labor can maybe perhaps can make a donation if they'd like. maybe you could set up a donation page.

3. Premium Membership

Another way of generating funds could be through premium memberships. You can add additional features specifically for people who become premium members who you could charge annualy. If they don't pay the next year then they can simply become non-premium members again. This would help cover costs for Flyers and such.

4. UAEboost Executives

Those willing to participate could become uaeboost executives, much like an organization. This would encourage people to participate and such. For example, we could have a designated meet-planner, meet coordinator, budget planner, promotions executive in charge of coming up with ideas to promote the site, etc.

5. Membership Cards

The guy who posted about this before was onto something... This would be a good idea in a sense that if we can get some performance parts shops to advertise with us, the uaeboost members would be able to get a discount by showing this card to the shops. This would also make uaeboost more official. I know of a filipino car forum here in dubai that does this succesfully, though they charge for site/club memberships i think 60/- per annum.

Thanks. Criticisms are welcome for my ideas. :)

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 07 Jul 2006, 11:21 pm

i like the idea about membership and the garages but we need people to do this stuff, someone who isnt that busy.

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 08 Jul 2006, 1:19 pm

Neo wrote:To all the members who followed up and brought back life to this thread....
Thank you.

I waited and waited to see if someone is going to start... Noone did, hence i had to.

If u have been following the thread, it wud be evident that many things have been repeated umpteen times...

That includes ur comments too, Sam..... And yes, u have agreed to it.

And as mike has explained once again, its time to talk wit people who has different opinion. And mike i guess we did find few mins to discuss these issues during the last meet; sparky was around too.

What ever be the case, i am in it!!!

And xxheartyxx good points and right idea...
By the way i had pointed out long back, if this site is all about street racing, u neva know when this site gets banned for promoting street racing..

Peace!
hey guys ..

hmm .. NEO ur rite ... many ideas re posted ... n bout the membership cards ... or a UAEBOOST ID ... nice idea ... it'l be more convienient at the meets for member entry n later a members discount at various outlets promoted ...

n sum day helpful when the CID or COPS :cops: ask u to present an ID ... show ur UAEBOOST ID ... :lol: :lol:

n SAM im the one askin u for shirts n stickers ... u mite be wondering y i havent ordered for one yet ... will get one as soon as i sell my current NISSAN n get a new car ... for sure ... b'coz i know the response stickers get ... i hav a NISSAN PRIMERA wid black bonnet roof n back ... n im already noticed by the dubai muroor ppl when i went ther to get my enquiry answered ... they immediately asked me .. IS IT THE RED N BLACK PRIMERA ??

anywayz i ll surely be ther 4 the next meetin ..

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 08 Jul 2006, 2:06 pm

hey guys srry culdnt post much lately had sum prods. i had sum more ideas sum wht like sparks and totally agree with mikeh ppl just register for thye sake of registering then for get i thnk ppl who r new n dunt post after registration for like atleast 5 times cancel their registrations n all sumthjing like hotmail u hav to cum bak n sing in in 15 days other wise cancel
sum thing like that can be done
hawk

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 08 Jul 2006, 7:00 pm

hawkeyez wrote:hey guys srry culdnt post much lately had sum prods. i had sum more ideas sum wht like sparks and totally agree with mikeh ppl just register for thye sake of registering then for get i thnk ppl who r new n dunt post after registration for like atleast 5 times cancel their registrations n all sumthjing like hotmail u hav to cum bak n sing in in 15 days other wise cancel
sum thing like that can be done
hawk
Welcome back, hawk! we missed you!! :D
Hope everything is okay with you. :)

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 08 Jul 2006, 7:17 pm

^thx mate
i missed u all as well so how can i be of service to UAEBOOST?
hawk

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 11 Jul 2006, 5:12 pm

Well guys. Those are a handful of excellent ideas. I will be considering some very interesting ones and try to get them together in the New site. I think I still need a few more months to get all these things together.

Thanks for your concerns everyone. I'm really appreciating your time and concerns regarding helping our community to grow and improve.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Jul 2006, 5:35 pm

Sparky wrote:Hi Sam, I would like to help... what kind of article writing do you need? how many words, and what topics? i'd like to write some articles for us... i have some decent copywriting skills, but my scope of automotive knowledge is not as strong as some... i would however, like to give it a shot. :)
You have an email Sparky. :)

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 04 Aug 2007, 2:44 pm

I think that we should organise an event, and just inform top gear about it, something like arab run (but without the big expensive hotels, dinners and so on).

A place where we can all meet, just show off the cars, drive down the roads (creating a nice scene), start early and end late at night.

In the US, there is an annual even called Rennfest, where porsches from all years and all models just meet up in a clube house, drive on the track, drive on the road, get to know people out there. Exchanging information, experience and just having a blast (no competing between each other ;) )

If we can do something like that, and inform gear one, and maybe the local papers, it would be very good advertising.

If we want to set a fee, just to cover up some charges for food, drinks and so on (maybe even the autodrome?) then we can make it in the Dhs 100-200 range. Why, Because of most likely we would have 20+ cars, attracting people to joing would be the key.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 05 Aug 2007, 10:36 am

We had our meets, but lately (read: 6+ months) nobody was showing up anymore.

Now who wants to pay 200 dhs for that?

Events are being set up, but more between friends and such... I see most of the cool guys here on a bi-weekly basis (outside of summer). That's good enough for me. Not everybody here has a TT nos quad core pimped out hydrogen Supra or beaten up skyline, and some guys only seem to appreciate those cars.