Help UAEBoost BOOST more!!

Feel like giving us a hand?
Post your suggestions here.
Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 24 May 2006, 11:10 pm

Thats a very nice idea and if I am of any help....I will surely help in promoting ur site !
I even saw ur sites sticker on that blue GMC ( featured in the meet section ) it was parked on emirates road 2 dayz ago...when i was doing maseera with al wahda fans from shj football stadium till emirates road...the font n colour r kewl !

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 25 May 2006, 12:39 am

i hav postd the link of uaeboost on a really BIG carz website.. i hope we'll surely get sum postive feedbak.. :)

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 25 May 2006, 8:31 am

Hey all,

Maybe, I think, we should all sit together, and consult which way "we" (or Sam, for that matters) want UAEBoost to grow.

Because you have different ways, ranging from exterior modding/tuning (diy's and such) to street racing.

Do you want a community of say, 2000 people, that will be - i think - unmanageble. But staying the same 20 people out of 350 that post, that's not the way you want it either I guess.

What do you want UAEBoost to be?

- Do you want UAEBoost to be a entity that will meet up, for example, with the guys from oman-hp, and do a collective event? Or not?

- Or do you want to become a known team around Dubai such as Low Rider, we can work together with Salim then (the owner, i think that's his name though, gotta check my phone).

- Or do you want uaeboost to be a streetracers team, and be on par with Group77 and such?

But first I think, but I will talk with people who are concerned about it tonight, clean out our own house. For instance, who do people like Saud (The mustang guy) leaves? I think he maybe expected something different from UAEBoost. Let's all see what expectations might be. Getting somebody like mr. Bin Sulayem involved is good, but frankly, the guy is too busy with things, he won't care about a bunch of guys with little modified cars. Oh, I work for his brother btw :)

Another thing what I was thinking, is to maybe reconsider the ENTIRE website (Sam, i'll talk to you later about that). Make it more like a community...

To get technical, now we are in Web 2.0, no more Web 1.0. While you probably think I'm drunk or something, it's really the case. Think about the internet over the past few years. And think what websites are "hot" now.

- google
- amazon
- ebay
- wikipedia
- flickr

This are all websites that have "collective intelligence". Collective intelligence is basically, letting the people decide.

- Google doesn't rank you high because you pay more (except the sponsored links).. rankings are how many people link to you. power to the people
- amazon doesn't suggest which books are the best because of sponsorship, they say "Customers who bought this book also bought.." and user reviews.
- ebay, you can rank your own seller
- wikipedia, you can MAKE the entire website.. and edit posts
- flicker - you provide the content and rate it.

Therefor, I'd like to take UAEBoost to a next level, where the user experience become better. If people come to the website, and see a featured car, I want them to be able to comment on it, if they like it or not.

I want people to upload their own cars (for photoshop contests for example), and have DIY's about modding.

I'd like to have a localized version of the Photoshop tutorial, so that people start linking to UAEBoost, and not some other site.

I think if the user experience on the site is better, then more people will come towards UAEBoost, and before you know one of the cars here is in Performance mag, and then things start moving.

Organizing events are cool and such, but

1. need money
2. need organization

I think that's more important than advertising I think.. Show me any advertising on google.. I yet have to see the first one.

Tell me what you think about it... and let's discuss this tonight. I have thousands of ideas to put onto the website.

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 25 May 2006, 10:58 am

Thats professional bro -- i totally agree... i didnt think about it to that detail but ur right ....

Ill dicuss it with u for sure tonight :)

I think we now nee a "board" for these things ... ( i want in on the board :P )

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 May 2006, 11:05 am

Shortly speaking, I think if all of us would surf to the website, as if it was your first time (like a virgin.. :) ) , or as a seasoned visitor..

What would you like to have changed?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 27 May 2006, 12:42 am

bumpy bump

That was a question to all of you.

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 27 May 2006, 2:03 am

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 27 May 2006, 10:35 am

man neo i thinku can get into article writing my advice is u give it a try dunno y i feel that but just innner feeling
hawk

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 27 May 2006, 1:23 pm

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 27 May 2006, 3:05 pm

k i can contribute coverin the uk section ... i'll try going on meetings and all .. ... am just looking for the places where all these meetings are being held .. temme wut u think about it sam .....

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 27 May 2006, 7:09 pm

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 27 May 2006, 11:32 pm

Nismo wrote:k i can contribute coverin the uk section ... i'll try going on meetings and all .. ... am just looking for the places where all these meetings are being held .. temme wut u think about it sam .....
Well, I appreciate your offer. Since, we're exclusively interested in covering the Emirates import racing/car enthusiasts culture, I think featuring something regarding Events held anywhere out of the U.A.E. will actually distort our main aim. I very much appreciate your concern and willingness to support but may be you could help us with something else (since you're not in the Emirates as I know.)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 27 May 2006, 11:33 pm

general_neo wrote:I have already requested sam to lemme write something...
And he said, therez always a next time!!
Yup, you'll get your chance. Let me arrange a meeting with the Low Riders :)

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 28 May 2006, 12:09 pm

nah mate neo wasnt pulling ur leg at all was serious best of luck when sam gives u a chance (Y)
hawk

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 28 May 2006, 9:41 pm

Nice idea mikeh !