mikeh greets 2 u ..mikeh wrote:xheartx77, you have valid points... the talks about boosting uaeboost kinda deceased, and childish talks whenever somebody makes a funny and/or constructive comment happen more than before, and this brings the image of a board down.
- We have, what, say 20 users who post here... of those users only 10 show up to meets. The 420 users, mor than 90% of them (I made a script to make statistics of the site) have less than 10 posts. Frankly most UAEBoost members (people who signed up) have 0 posts.
- if you don't visit the forums as much as others.. you get overwhelmed, I agree. And frankly speaking, most of the stuff I read here is well.. not what I am looking for. I guess we are a direct link to photobucket and youtube... and very few (this one, this one, this one, and this, this, this and some others). The majority of the posts is either about love , stickers , or racing.
- featured cars.. you only qualify if you have lambo doors, a special paintjob, and it has to be a skyline and/or a supra. Friends of mine have done cool and clean mods to their cars, but they honestly don't want to be featured (plus, I dont think they qualify anyway), so I contacted other forums and magazines. No, it are not skylines or supra's.. but this is about car modifications, right? Hell, this could be http://www.uaestickers.net I guess. Don't get me wrong, a skyline is a nice car, but you get my point.
- making people aware.. sure, but what group do you want to attract? The 15 year old guy who wants to buy either a skyline or mustang, or bmw, or whatever car? Or people who wich to have as most pictures of the above mentioned cars as possible...
....or somebody who knows stuff about cars?
and word of mouth, get out to UAQ and such, and see how much word of mouth reaches there.. and if it reaches there.. what the reputation is of the boards. I have uaeboost stickers on/in my stickers, and I won't give comments what some said about this site.
- email addresses I guess if for the privileged firstname.lastname@example.org only I suppose. Honestly (and this is directly pointed to Sam, and I don't care of anybody bans me, takes my ub money or even key my car), i think control should be more divided amongst people. To me, for the past 10 months I noticed that Sam doesn't like to give much control to others. But that is my opinion. Hate me or love me, I'm being honest.
- racing is negative, but look at how childish racing forums turn out. But that aside, the majority I guess still likes "street racing" and claim "hey, i can beat this car and that car" and know jack shit about cars. Oh well, i won't go into thise, i'll be shout at.
I told Sam before, that if the level of UAEBoost would be brought up (and I'm not saying all users are stupid, not at all.. just the level and usability) it would go to the next level, call it a UAEBoost 2.0. Whereby advertisers and such would be interested in this site and community, but honestly, now there's still a long way to go.. and I don't see any progress.
My 2 cents, as I said, hate it or love it.
mikeh i think u put up really intrestin stuff n info ... n u being a mod wid quite sum authority should visit sum other forums which are at level 2.0 n higher atleast than uaeboost standards n get sumthin tht really lasts long as a gud thread ... includin sumthin of basic understanding b'coz as u said not many members know about HIGH TECHNICALITIES regarding engine setup n parts ... so they dont participate
i feel the same 'bout "useful info" as most threads mostly contain jokes , pulling legs , n backing other members n LOLzzz mostly ... i agree tht v as members hav rights to express our emotions of laughter n agreement or disagreement wid others views ... but a useful short thread of a single page gains a size of 4 and more pages .... sumone who dosent follow the threads has a huge load of data to go through ... it is intrestin if he relates wid the thread or understands the technical info or else jus like a chat log wher ppl r jus basically posting a lol or gettin to know each other better ... n an intrested member wastin time readin how ppl r chattin on the site ....
NO OFFENCES SERIOUSLY ... I LL STILL BE AT UAE BOOST FORUMS EVEN IF A THREAD GOES UP TO 20 + PAGES
I also feel tht uaeboost is a car enthsiasts community n not headed towards a racer or wanabe racer commuity ... coz seriously racin aint anywayz legal ... and a racing habit on city streets is dangerous.. .. n the future mite be tht every UAEBOOST sticker spotted on a car mite be fined by cops as the community mite hav an image of a racing n troble makin community ... it will be easier if its specified wht we aim as a community frm now ... b4 its toooo late
as of for the uaeboost 2.0 upgrade thought ... it will take time for a completly new setup ..agree wid u ... but r the site authorities thinkin into it or is it still a way far thought .. n i think havin a GENERAL CHAT link on the site will attract ppl n a section especially on AUTO CHAT also ... this can giv us stats of no of ppl visiting the site ... which is the basis on which company's place ad's on the site...
well im actually lost in my own ideas ... .. will think more into it ... n cum up wid plans ...
NO OFFENCE .. PEACE .. ARENT ALL IDEAS WELCOMED ?? ... CMON ALL U MEMBERS ... ITS NOW OR NEVER ..
MOST IMP : IM NOT TRYIN TO IMPOSE MY THOUGHTS ON ANYONE .. JUS EXPRESSING WHT I THINK