b16 oem fuel injector??

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
hassan
UB Junior Member

Post by hassan » 28 Jan 2010, 1:36 pm

Hi All
Hope all doing good.
Just facing some probs...

Can fuel injectors be cleaned or it should be replaced.Wat is the cc of oem fuel injector in b16 i see so many aftr markt 450cc & 350cc.i am losing my gas mileage badly :( . I replaced plugs,wires & planning to change IACV too having idling probs too...

plz help me guys..

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 28 Jan 2010, 2:08 pm

did u check ur fuel pump/fuel filter?

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 28 Jan 2010, 2:31 pm

yes they can be cleaned, you dont need an after market injector, oem once can handle what a b16 engine can (n/a) on maximum mods.
aftermarket injector will just add to high fuel consumption :D

milage have different cause like
- your driving habbits
- load of the car
- tires/tyres
- tire/tyres air inflations
- fuel filter
etc. etc.

yes IACV affect the idling of your car, check and clean it first before changing !

#MR
UB Junior Member

Post by #MR » 28 Jan 2010, 4:15 pm

reason for high fuel consumption could be dead o2 sensor and it could be reason for idling problems aswell. may be timing belt is not set by the marks or jumped a tooth (don't know how to say that correct in english)

do you have idling problems all the time or only when the engine is cold/hot?

Idle control Valve you can clean with the carburator cleaner :)

and i don't think that the problem is related with injectors. btw if you change stock injectors to higher cc then you will need to remap your ecu.

size of stock b16 injectors should be 240cc ;)

hassan
UB Junior Member

Post by hassan » 28 Jan 2010, 4:41 pm

Thanks guys for the help.

When i start my car it goes all da way till 1.5rpm then down to 800-500 & engine turns off.Last 2 days continous this wat happns wen i go2 office morning & it was losing power when i was at 100km it was jerking so many times this happnd only once. now& 2nd thing the clutch needs to be replaced.Well roj are you sure is there any chance that it mite be the fuel pump?anyways i will change the fuel filter&clean the iacv lets see what happens.Is there anychance that iacv is causing trouble for the fuel? ??

#MR
UB Junior Member

Post by #MR » 28 Jan 2010, 4:51 pm

if there was problem with pump or filter then in my opinon there would not be problems with high fuel consumption

first check the o2 sensor and the timing belt

IACV is not related to fuel consumption

#MR
UB Junior Member

Post by #MR » 28 Jan 2010, 4:59 pm

check engine indicator is on?

hassan
UB Junior Member

Post by hassan » 28 Jan 2010, 6:29 pm

NO engine indicator is not on?when i start the car fuel burn smell coming to much?
#MR should i replace the IACV or just clean it?because now the jerking is kind of ok didnt notice much.One plug connecting to the intake came off 1day & once i plugged back da idling was a bit fine.didnt notice much jerk.BUt had the start up problem daily everday & it goes off?

#MR
UB Junior Member

Post by #MR » 28 Jan 2010, 7:31 pm

if the idling problem is caused by Idle control Valve then to save money you should try to clean it first, if that dont help then change it.

smell of fuel could be caused by rich air/fuel mixture and it could be cause of dead o2 sensot or if the timing belt have jumped.

check all the vacuum hoses on intake manifold

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 28 Jan 2010, 11:58 pm

hassan, you pretty much got all your anwsers here.

before replacing the IAVC try cleaning it.

Get your injectors flow and bench tested.

Check your o2 sensor..if its gone bad it's a easy fix..

and like #MR said you might be running to rich if you smell petrol.

As for your car idling high at startup that is perfectly normal. Thats a built-in thing in the ECU that makes the car idle at around 1500-1600 for a short duration so the engine can warm up. Once engine is warm it drops down to normal idle which should be 800-900...Try adjusting the idle skrew on the intake manifold. This way you can adjust it to idle higher so it doesn't keep stalling on you (temporary fix till you deduce the problem)

I am not sure if timing belt is the cause of the issue. If you hear a ticking noise coming from the engine it could be the timing belt that needs changing. Fuel pump won't cause high fuel consumption as well...

Let us know what happens when you do the fixes!!

hassan
UB Junior Member

Post by hassan » 29 Jan 2010, 2:37 am

Ok i will check it out & my neighbour was suggesting i have to check with coolant temp sensor& fast idle contrl valve??? for the idling thing??Anyways i will begin with the IACV & will let u knw ..thanks... :)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 29 Jan 2010, 5:15 am

Hassan, also inspect your oil shortly after you do a oil change, and at set intervals afterwards. If your oil goes black quickly, and you can still smell the gasoline, then either your injectors are washing down your cylinders (too much fuel), or you have incredibly worn piston rings and are getting massive amounts of blow by.

Does your car backfire while you change gears at WOT? What ECU are you running? Is this a swap that you recently did? Or did this start happening out of the blue?

hassan
UB Junior Member

Post by hassan » 30 Jan 2010, 1:48 pm

OK i have taken it to the garage today.
There is a vaccum leak,gasket needs to be replaced,fuel filter,injectors & bad plug wires.
Hope i get a good mileage when i get my car back..
Thanks Guys :D

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 30 Jan 2010, 1:49 pm

^^ basic maintenance stuff man!! ...good to know it wasn't something bigger!!

hassan
UB Junior Member

Post by hassan » 30 Jan 2010, 2:03 pm

Tamu wrote:^^ basic maintenance stuff man!! ...good to know it wasn't something bigger!!
(Y)