Turboing a Land Cruiser 100 series !

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
ShahSahib666
UB Junior Member

Post by ShahSahib666 » 27 Apr 2014, 10:13 pm

Dear All

I want to install a turbo on a Land Cruiser Model 2000 UAE specs
left hand drive In line 6 engine currently its a non turbo gasoline engine manual transmission

Following advise is needed

What turbo do i need to purchase size ?
what all do i need to upgrade
Electronics upgrade ?
Braking system Upgrade ?

How to go about it please help and advise

Regards

Shah

ShahSahib666
UB Junior Member

Post by ShahSahib666 » 27 Apr 2014, 10:13 pm

Thank You

quadturboed
UB Junior Member

Post by quadturboed » 28 Apr 2014, 8:09 am

Size depends on:

-how much power you want (there are landcruisers with 1000bhp, however that is in my humble opinion extremely stupid and should not be done unless you have a deathwish, so pretty much the sky is the limit there)

-how much pressure your motor will take (generally most well made motors will take normal boost, but if you want to surpass the 250-300bhp mark, then you will seriously need to consider building the motor to withstand a lot more boost. In that era, Toyota was in it's overbuilding stage, so engines could take quite a bit of abuse, like the 2JZ which in some cases could go 700bhp on a stock block, but while this could earn you some bragging rights, you don't want to be the one with a blown motor with shreds of piston ring in your turbo. Build your motor)

-how often you will use the vehicle and how much you are willing to sacrifice from it's drivability (turbos are known to make turbo lag, and with too large of a turbo comes too large of a turbo lag.)

How much you need to upgrade is really up to how much power you want, and in terms of electronics you will need to get a reputable ecu and a dyno tune from a reputable tuner if you want to get as good of an experience as possible.

Braking is really your choice, you could go with full on Brembos or just leave it the way it is. At higher speeds, you want to be able to stop as safely and quickly as possible in case you get cut off, for example.

All around, you will need to consider better tires. This will improve braking, cornering, and acceleration.

I would advise a 300-400bhp power range. Realistically, a Land Cruiser was not built for 320kph. The chassis will NOT take high hp well. If you really wanted to push it then you could aim for 500-600bhp. But any more is asking for trouble. Trucks like this aren't the best at high speeds, they tend to become jumpy and unpredictable.

mosalf
UB Junior Member

Post by mosalf » 01 Nov 2016, 2:17 pm

Hello, any shops available for the 1fzfe boost in Abu Dhabi. Is turboing passable by Muroor? Please advise

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 15 Nov 2016, 5:47 pm

mosalf wrote:Hello, any shops available for the 1fzfe boost in Abu Dhabi. Is turboing passable by Muroor? Please advise
Instant fail at RTA test if a non-factory turbo car is turbo'd.

umarcrespo333
UB Junior Member

Post by umarcrespo333 » 26 Jul 2017, 11:38 pm

@quadturboed
how good is a garett gt35 on stock internals? 1fzfe 4.5 litre
what would you recommend for a stock 1fzfe(bone stock?)