Auto Cross Mods List

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
vip_seifi
UB Addicted Member

Post by vip_seifi » 12 Feb 2009, 3:51 pm

grayfox666 r u kidding or serious...? if yes ... how often do u guys go and if there are any entrance charges..?

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 12 Feb 2009, 4:12 pm

yes he is serious

this coming ROUND 6 of RLC was moved to Feb. 20, 2009
250 aed Entrance Fee + 50 1 Day licence + you need bring your own helmet

vip_seifi
UB Addicted Member

Post by vip_seifi » 12 Feb 2009, 5:06 pm

and if I am bringing my car thus it has to have any safety equipments like roll cage etc...? btw can I use bik helmet..?

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 12 Feb 2009, 5:31 pm

vip_seifi wrote:and if I am bringing my car thus it has to have any safety equipments like roll cage etc...? btw can I use bik helmet..?

bike helmet will do, your stock car is good to go and will be categorize in S2 stock category - which commonly run stock s2000, clio sport, rc, lancer GT etc. etc.
having those bar will let you run in modified category which M2 where the batlle is more excited

you can register online if you wanted to dubaiautodrome.com
or pm your details and ill do it for you (Y)

vip_seifi
UB Addicted Member

Post by vip_seifi » 13 Feb 2009, 2:51 pm

Would love to join.. but I think its better for me to first come and watch one session and see n learn how it works and mayb next time I will also enter... btw 250 aed Entrance Fee + 50 1 Day licence ...?? (is 250 per season or per session..?) I mean do I have to pay 250+50 everytime I come..?

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 15 Feb 2009, 2:30 am

1- Suspension - Recommendation and effects
2- Tires & Rims - Recommendation and effects
3- Intake - Recommendation and effects
4- Brakes - ????slotted/drilled or stock with gud brake pads
5- Torque Timer - saw in kenny's car what will be the effect
6- Mounts - Light weight Aluminum but stiffer (idling is more felt) or the stock originals
7- Clutch Plate - ??????
8- Light Flywheel - effects
let back on the topic "autoX mod list"

1-suspension - including coilover , pilly ball mount , camber bolt , suspension arm , bushs , sway bar .the main purpose is get more traction ! you also get more adjustment in these modification including ride height , damping , caster , camber, toe , all these will affect how you car behave . another side profit , aftermarket suspension part usually lighter than stock , specially good thing in the suspension , reduce 1 kg unsprung = 4 kg in the car !

2- Tires & Rims - tire is the most important thing , get the best you get afford , it is dirtect affect the timming . rim , get the lightest one cause this is the best way to reduce unspring weight . the size of the wheel , different offset of the wheel , a staggered set up , all affect handing of the car .

3- Intake - power and repose !!

4- Brakes - i think a set of good pads is actuclly enough for autoX , not like track day i never experience brake fail in autoX .

5- Torque damper , engine mount and transmission mount - hard lanrch , aggressive gear shift .....cause engine movement , this will result late repose or even damage , this thing stiffer engine & transmission , limit the movement , keep thing in place , improve repose . side effect ,this may cause vibration depend on the stiffness of the mount !

6- clutch upgrade- including flywheel , clutch cover(presure plate) , clutch dics .light weight flywheel = rev easier faster .upgrade clutch cover and disc , better acceterlate .