TIME to GROW BIG

Feel like giving us a hand?
Post your suggestions here.
Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 19 Jan 2009, 11:02 pm

Hey nice idea... but wait..
There is a similar thread or thread with similar intention, here is the link to it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1782
I tried waking it up few weeks back but noone responded...

I would have tried to push it again but I got busy... till now marriage was consuming me.. :D
Now I have a baby boy just 15 days old and hes got me busy...

Never the less I am still passionate.

We dont need 1800 members of which 100 are active... we need just 100 active members to create a real effect.

I totally agree with your ideas khan and so will sam as you have rightly fully pushed things more of a legal and regularized method.

So how many of you from Abudhabi and willing... lets have a head count ....
:happy:

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 19 Jan 2009, 11:27 pm

MY HEADS IN !!!

adx1
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:honda accord

Post by adx1 » 19 Jan 2009, 11:56 pm

now i gottaa search in the seaaa for sum1 frm alain theres no one here i thinkk :(:(:(

Khan
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1989 CRX Si

Post by Khan » 20 Jan 2009, 4:43 pm

Neo wrote:Hey nice idea... but wait..
There is a similar thread or thread with similar intention, here is the link to it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1782
I tried waking it up few weeks back but noone responded...

i saw that thread but it was active during 2007 and its 2009 now....
more over that thread is only promoting.... like carshows, gear one coverage etc.... mostly what i saw.

but if u wanna know i have some 12 - 15 (don know) points proposed in this topic which is answers all the questions (in the old post)
and this is more about legalizing the club.....the publicity of the UB automatically that i guarantee you.

I dont say that i m the best or i am the innovator etc... coz i know ppl here are more capable than me thats y i have opened this post for suggestion.

But before starting plz plz plz make some things clear in mind.

The Members contact numbers and email address should be given to the 5 reps for record purposes and should be confidential unless a member discloses by his own will.
The 5 reps are not for only for superior position but have more responsibilities for the club with all aspects.
They HAVE to arrange all local meets/events.
They HAVE to be present at all the meets.
They will be held responsible for any damge/defame to the club.
They will be responsible for selecting the members carefully and maintaing the club activities/local meets/..
Promote ur members to participate in the event. and let ur member make u proud instant of gathering any friend/or other ppl just to race for ur namesake.
Each Division shall not be known by just gaining members....who dont understand and may disrespect the club.....instead they should be known and given importance on base of contributions to UB and its members.
The contribution can be gained by regular
- local meets/
- project car for UB Division and UB ultimately
- teams of the UB division
- participation of the UB Division teams in events(UAQ, Autodrome)
- monhtly/quarterely publications (sort of magazine- basically summary of the club activities in 3 months or 6 months with photographs....
etc....etc... thats what i mean to do... and theres a lot more to acheive.

If u ppl really wanna start this idea....

Let it be very simple....
the rule for creating UB Division of the emirate for example...

start the new thread with the name of UB Division. i.e.

UB ABUDHABI
Members Name.
the 5 reps will be among those who live and work in abudhabi.
(the Abudhabi ppl chose among them selves or the ppl who can prove them selves us)
coz the 5 reps are some ppl who have responsibilities of the club more than the level enjoyment---just to make it clear.( i think i had discussed this above)
for adx1 he will be part of UB AbuDhabi(if no ppl from alain) that but will promote UB in alain.

For those who work in dubai but live in sharjah should be part of UB Sharjah.
coz after duty we ppl are so tired that we can hardly stay here(coz move out in the morning 5am and come back at 8pm so u can imagine).

The Active members will be considered those who attend all meets except a solid and valuable reason will be given(coz of emergency/health/work/out of town)

In Members forum there should be sections of all UB Divisions and all the meets and discussions should be regularly updated (duties of the 5 reps)

OK ppl I think i will give in written form to all the members will upload in pdf/doc format.
but we meet for tamu on 27th so the same day we will decide and discuss more.
The following things will be there (also including the above what all what i said)

- UB Executive Summary.
- UB Structure & Divisions.
- UB Rules & Regulations.
- UB Membership Benefits.
- UB Future Plans.

I have a number of them u might have been thru some of which i have discussed here. but ppl its not that we cannot do it. but i assure u there are loop holes(some of which I have come to know and studying more about them) which we can get our club recognized and respected.

GT-T88urbo wrote:Good to see members showing some initiative and I applaud the effort your putting in, but the sad part is, the chance of any these coming to play are pretty slip. I talk with experience and I know Sam will agree, that any past such attempts made were pretty disappointing.
Like for example the most recent event, the Turbo show, after all of Sams' pain-staking efforts, some member did not show up. And totally understand some problems do arise from time to time, but at the end its the members and the community that suffer.
All we, the board can do is assist you'all once in a while but its you members that make the community, so you'all decide how far this really goes.
GT-T88 turbo, this time it will be the biggest reality of all of our dreams...and I promise none of the ppl will b allowed next time for those who cant stand when we need them. they only come for harakat...and they disappear if something happens due to them.

man i have been in the work after my 12th stds....and got stuck with it 4 years now....and am tired......want to change the things around me....coz i have changed myself for work and found nothing....the same old story....5.00am wake up goto office - 8pm back to home dinner and sleep.....bored of... nothing in hand... spend all the money for car and when i complete the project the police impound it for their pleasure and keep them in CONFISCATED CAR MUSEUM and make me beg and pay extra to for keeping that in museum...etc...
i am tired and hence my all steps is to legalize all modifications and our passion.

Theres every element of life, adventure, action, love, aggression, passion, and even death in this Passion of mine....( i hope u ppl do agree with me)

so ppl don worry everything will be done. there are loopholes i have come to know to do all of these thing.... but at least for the initial stages i need ur help.
We can do it....and u don know even when UB will become an organization and u ppl might be employed in UB :wink: ... well would like to c that day if i m alive.

So NEO====> start with Abudhabi and we all will start with the relative division then post the number of members actually so that we come to know who are active.... so we can go on for the next step.

BUT BEFORE STARTING ...
MAKE THIS STICKY

AND

SAM WE NEED APPROVAL TO GO AHEAD!!!!!

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 20 Jan 2009, 6:37 pm

Firstly, I'm thankful to Khan for bringing up and sharing his ideas with everyone. I appreciate your and everyone's concern and support for the topic.

Khan, all your suggestions are 100% valid and reasonable and there could be nothing more than this that will add to the improvement and expansion of the club as a whole. Improving on some of your points, I want to first elaborate some of them below to a bit simpler and smaller scale.
Khan wrote: 1- UB should have seperate Divisions as per Emirates / Cities if ALAIN community is seperatly represented.
2- The Main UB Division will be DUBAI as per SAM and other communities will follow the main objective of the UB.
3- Each Division consisting of at least 5 ppl commitee to represent the specific emirates.
I will be able to provide for virtual membergroups consisting of members who are willing to represent the club in their areas as we now have members from all around the U.A.E. and the count has been getting bigger and bigger. As everyone may have noticed, I had not been able to attend some of our past member meets for the reason that they were either held outside of Dubai, or I on my own had been busy with personal life. Since the board had become much larger than what it was even few months ago, I would encourage some support from the members to help in organizing better and represent the club.

We would require groups willing to represent the club at local events and/or even organize local meets within themselves to represent the club more effectively. We are a majority Tuners' community and we like to give out this image clearly in ways of our own, i.e. the club meets as they had been in the past.

I can provide for forum-based member-groups based on different areas, i.e. Dubai (and areas within Dubai), Sharjah (and areas within Sharjah) and so on. Those willing to form groups, post your localities and we'll see how we can go on from there. I call for anyone and everyone; from the Sharjah Buhairah Corniche guys to the famous Ghusais Honda boys and any other groups from other areas.
5-Any member posing danger to member or other motorists should be expelled from the UB(this should be essential for the UB stability and recognition)
9- The UB will be ultimately working as per the rules of U.A.E. to gain its legal status and recognition.
The base aim of everything is to be a "safe and legal" group being able to meet & know each other. Any problems of such sort and you will be affecting the image of your group and the reputation of the club as a whole.
6- The divisions should be created to enjoy a level of competition and recreation for the club not to misunderstood as parting/dividing the club.
7- The forums will be used by all as common as it is used currently.
8- All UB members will have stickers either on dash /door or any interior part which shall b clearly visible(as per the sticker rules of U.A.E.)
All groups will receive club stickers for their cars/bikes.

The rest of your points in the post above can only be implemented once the groups/teams are formed and also completely depending on how big each group can get for a start.

I completely approve of the ideas and at the agreement, support and commitment of all club members, I'd like to go on with it.

stickied.

dj drift
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:I4 2.7

Post by dj drift » 20 Jan 2009, 7:45 pm

adx1 wrote:now i gottaa search in the seaaa for sum1 frm alain theres no one here i thinkk :(:(:(
there's prossett and 1 more member i forgot his name :$

dj drift
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:I4 2.7

Post by dj drift » 20 Jan 2009, 8:03 pm

And 1 more thing very long back sum one name Dj DeMoN had posted a thread about indentification. It basically meant that all our club members should have a identity card even a uaeboost sticker. But an id card if possible and it should not be used for wrong purpose such as using it and modifying it to enter clubs or other places.

For Monthly UB Meet - Dubai
i would like to suggest our same old hangout place wonderland. i had Knowlede village in mind but i feel many of the members might not prefer it.

And 1 more thing i think we dont hv much members from UAQ and RAK over here & even ajman n shj would be 1 group. what say??

im currently day dreaming if all of this comes true we would be holding our steerin wheel wit ub sticker on our ride & an id card.

Khan
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Khan » 21 Jan 2009, 8:07 am

well thanks SAM,

so ppl lets do it.....

Currently 3 divisions/ of UB shall be created...

So SAM if u can create a new sub forum by the name of UB - Divisions in Members section. and 3 sticky threads by the name of
UB - DUBAI
UB - SHARJAH & Northern Emirates (if we have less than 5 members in ajman, rak, uaq, fuj each)
UB - AbuDhabi & Alain

so as per earlier discussions the all the members of these divisions/subgroups shall post their names as a list.

later all those members will be contacted via email.... and the poll should b done(at least for sharjah members) to chose the place.
but ppl dont worry if we have 1800 on board members but physically we meet 18(just not expecting that) somebody has to take the initiative . so why dont we take this opportunity to be the pioneers. c ppl starting is the tough but maintaining is more.... inshallah we will turn the heads...of ppl accept UB.
dj drift wrote: And 1 more thing very long back sum one name Dj DeMoN had posted a thread about indentification. It basically meant that all our club members should have a identity card even a uaeboost sticker. But an id card if possible and it should not be used for wrong purpose such as using it and modifying it to enter clubs or other places.

im currently day dreaming if all of this comes true we would be holding our steerin wheel wit ub sticker on our ride & an id card.

===> Dj Drift.

its will be for sure. coz theres a lot more in the ideas/plan bag for UB and ofcourse UB ID CARDS will be there but wait and lets start re build the UB but physically and legally.

====> NEO

start with the UB ABUDHABI
so make that sticky and u can update the board on weekly basis the whats ur progress and how many RESPONSIBLE members have UB Abu Dhabi.

and so will be the case for other emirates.

mohdnomannaeem
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Mazda 6

Post by mohdnomannaeem » 02 Mar 2009, 5:07 am

aaaakhhhhhhhhh....
sorry people, i missed the first meet.
But this is great.
i can enhance my knowledge and capablities in this.
Do let me know of the second meet,i would definitely show up there.
You people are doing great job.
Thanks

Khan
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Khan » 08 Mar 2009, 8:51 am

Its sad to know what happened on the thread previosuly....
00100 - SoarerTO4R

This is what I and grayfox666 discussed on thursday as both of experienced the same thing from other ppl. On Friday I came across again same kinda ppl. When they saw the UB Sticker on my car.

U know that a name when ruined once takes a lot of time to restore... its position....

The ppl call this forum "Kidz forum" and "Ricers Forum"....I know... not all fall in the same category but still I feel its kinda a true...
Look into ourselves/forums... what u will find.....????

We post a skyline / supra pics with some body kit and all will reply to that post.
When some technical information is posted the thread is hijacked..by asking repetitive questions???? what for???
There are sticky threads with a lot of good information....but we are so lazy that we dont look into it and start new threads with the same old crappy questions...???why is it so????

I dont like what soarer said and what language he used...... we bann him, we lock the thread.etc... but tell me you ppl how many of U are serious towards UB...

We have serious members like
Albertho555, Toleg, Kingkenny, Grayfox666 who participate in events like autox at their own and really have valuable knowledge that we can benefit from them....but...what response do we show to them???what support do we give them???
Grayfox666, GT Starlet who want to create a bit difference for creating some name of UB in good sense by organizing kind a new monthly activities like drive or karting etc... but nobody is there??? why the hell they are then doing it /// for whom...??? GT Starlet's friends are more interesting and participating then our club / forum etc.,,,.
Kurupt01 / Rashood / NEO... the really cool minded ppl always supporting and helping for what????
plus the other members who attend the meets regularly .... they attend for what???? ... stay uptill 12.00 or 01.00am in the night for what????
SAM--- THE ADMIN.... have u ppl noted what he was trying to do for UB... but what response did we gave him...??? just a few posts everybody saying ME TOO>>>ME TOO>>> but when he was trying to bring his dreams to reality nobody was there to support him????

PLZ ppl give it a thought and make the forums clean......UB image is already shady...plz help it get it to close like a reality think and act like and for a CLUB or leave it.

PLZ ppl a request from me to all of the members.... plz make it more serious...
OK let be online community but at least share some real information real techincal and if possible cost effective practical information....
To help all those wannabe's Coz these wannabe's will be the pride of UB in future.

PLZ SAM>>>>>& MODS>>>>
Closely monitor the forums.... duplicate threads should be merged and the ppl shud be warned....and advised to go thru sticky threads.
Technical threads about engine types and their mods, suspension, handling, braking, etc...if possible should be made like archives so that no data is lost and can be referred at anytime. and cant be hijacked....

PLZ PPL>>>>>> fighting on the forums and abusing the threads is of no use.
U ppl have the guts and talents I am sure.... so plz prove it for UB for URSELF that U R WORTH RESPECT....

Have u ever seen other forums in UAE what do they do.... they all are united for what ... coz they all have the same passion...they all respect each other... coz they all know each other...
we ppl even dont know whom we are talking to....????

NO OFFENSE to anybody ..... but plz give it a thought....
IF U WANNA MAKE A DIFFERENCE THEN U GOTTA COME TO REALITY
its not only for UB but for ur own SELF RESPECT. coz u ppl are part of it.

This is what i felt......
All u ppl have the right to differ....

SAM & MODS>>>>>>>>

If this reply to the post is aggressive or offending any body ... plz lock / delete the post.

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 08 Mar 2009, 12:29 pm

Well said Khan, abit long though. :)

The problem is not in wannabes, the problem is in members that are " mature ", or they might think they are.

When i joined this forum, i was a wannabe and ricer aswell but there were people who could explain to me what is right without telling a load of shit at me.
But i dont see them now, with time they disapear.

if anyone remembers when Kenny joined, what responce he got when he asked for help to modify his Lancer.

i understand Sam now. I know what he wanted UB to become,we wanted same but from what i see now is its hopeless.

But im very thanksfull for Sam creating this forum, as i met a few very good people that are my friends and ready to help if needed anytime of day or night.

Anyway, as Khan said. We planed something for UB but now let it stay personal for us and UB to stay a chatroom that will hopefully atleast be moderated. :)

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 08 Mar 2009, 12:36 pm

grayfox666 wrote:Well said Khan, abit long though. :)

The problem is not in wannabes, the problem is in members that are " mature ", or they might think they are.

When i joined this forum, i was a wannabe and ricer aswell but there were people who could explain to me what is right without telling a load of shit at me.

if anyone remembers when Kenny joined, what responce he got when he asked for help to modify his Lancer.

i understand Sam now. I know what he wanted UB to become,we wanted same but from what i see now is its hopeless.

But im very thanksfull for Sam creating this forum, as i met a few very good people that are my friends and ready to help if needed anytime of day or night.

Anyway, as Khan said. We planed something for UB but now let it stay personal for us and UB to stay a chatroom that will hopefully atleast be moderated. :)

No offence intended, just a harsh reality.
Enjoy your stay. :)

Khan
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Khan » 08 Mar 2009, 12:56 pm

I am not against wannabees but if u notice....

Khan wrote:To help all those wannabe's Coz these wannabe's will be the pride of UB in future.

anyways well said..... grayfox666

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 08 Mar 2009, 6:03 pm

+1

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 09 Mar 2009, 12:52 am

I didnt know the soarer topic was discussed here...
Regarding the member in sales thread, i have to say i couldnt stand his bull c going wild on the forum.

Honestly i am fed up with guys going wild on a forum. How can u make an progress when you cant accept any comments or feedback. I would have given a second thought if it was some newbie talking rubbish coz they are just learning. When a mature member goes off like a shot gun it needs to be cut from the root or there is no stopping it.

Regarding being a mod I try to keep everything going with the rulez of the forum. My powers dont extend beyond the region i am moderating, eg- Interior, exterior, etc...

I had merged threads and adviced members not to start new thread with the same questions answered before. But newbies does this mistake and help is provided in the end.

The issue is serious members.. Some one loyal to the forum wouldnt insult the forum for a personal issue with any particular member... they would think twice before going off. But we have members here just to show off their ride, or just to sell something...

Like in other car forums we need to stop these members from posting pics or selling stuff unless they have 50 posts or so...
I know that sounds stupid.. but i know such rulez exist and it has been followed..

The meets in sharjah should keep going and you guys should invite members.. i am not coming to sharjah anymore since my family is back in Abudhabi.

I also agree my comments on the soarer dude wasnt fair but i honestly didnt want that member in this forum... He is not worth it...

My respect to all the dedicated members of this forum.
Thanks for listening.